New Led Zeppelin

I've just bought the new Zep DVD-a double disc set featuring 5 hours of Zep coverage from '69-'79-the visuals aren't always pristine but the sound is awesome.
Features loads of different snippets from various locations-funniest being a French TV performance where a whole orchestra can be seen watching on alongside a frankly bemused looking audience who look as if they've turned up for an evening of classical music and Zep just blast it out.
Also picked up the triple live CD How The West Was Won-again the sound is awesome-haven't heard it all in detail but it mashes TSRTS soundtrack in it's wake-looks a little overblown in places but some nice unusual tracks to hear.
Both essential for Zeppelin fans and it really strikes home how brilliant they were in their heyday.
ben_campbell
Thanks Ben. I'll pick it up. Even the recent "reunion" television show was quite good. Can't get enough Zep!
Ben,

TSRTS is quite disappointing, I'm very interested in better quality Led Zep recordings. Since you didn't mention the title of the new release, can you point me to a site that has the set list and such? Like all Zep fans I'm in bad need of a 28-minute version of Dazed and Confused.
Is the DVD Dolby Digital 5.1 or DTS? I love concert DVD's on my 106" Da-Lite movie screen.
Any word if these re-masters will make to vinyl? And is the
CD done is Hybrid?
Ok the double DVD set is simply called LED ZEPPELIN DVD.
The sound is in PCM stereo(which is all I use and is incredible)Dolby 5.1 and DTS-I have a friend who has heard it in 5 channel and raved about it.
I'm not going to give the full track listing that can be found elsewhere on the web (www.ledzeppelin.com) however there's nice film menus,lot's of little extra clips including promo's and interviews.
However the main events are the Royal Albert Hall 1970-various TV European TV clips-1969,outtakes from TSRTS,Earls Court 1975 and Knebworth '79.
It's over 5 hours of stuff and it is blinding, easily I would say the best live footage of any band I've seen-the power of the early performances is incredible and you can see how the band matured and added more subtle touches as they progressed.
The triple live CD (How The West Was Won) is not a hybrid and I have no idea if it will make vinyl-check their official web site.
Tracklisting for that is also available on any CD purchasing site.
It contains 18 tracks.