Do You Remember Your First Music Purchase?

Lisa (my better half) and I, were doing some vinyl listening this weekend. She posed an interesting question. What is the first record in your collection that you had ever purchased?

Since my music aquisitions started in about 1965, needless to say, my first music purchase was a record. For some of the younger folks on this site, their first music purchase may have been a CD.

For me it was Gary Lewis and the Playboys, "Everybody Loves A Clown". It took me about 2 hours to figure out since I have, I would guess, about 2500 albums. I still have the album and it still plays pretty well considering it's probably been tracked by about 20 different stylii. I had A Webcor Stereo that my parents had purchased me for my 6th birthday. It had a 7" BSR turntable and an AM/FM "radio" built in, with 2 "detachable" speakers.

What is the first piece of recorded music you ever purchased and do you still own it?
128x128buscis2
That was a 45rpm, 'Woman' by John Lennon. I saved for it for weeks and payed it with cents and dimes (I was 11 or something), and behind me was a growing line of impatient customers who couldn't wait 'till I counted 'all' my money. The music made up for everything though.
Technically, I think it was some UK top of the pops collections (covers of current hits by some "house" band) - similar to "Now That's What I Call Pop" nowadays, except for not the real artists. Can't remember what the series was called; but they always had titillating covers with scantily clad women on them. I'd be curious to hear if any Brits remember the series!

The first real record (and can't remember if it was a purchase or requested gift) was the 3-lp "Wings Over America" live Wings discs (back in 8th grade - 76/77). As cheesy as they might strike some people, I still like 'em.
Oh - and Seandtaylor99 (way back up in response 2) - of course this fellow (sort-of) Brit remembers the Wombles ... I womble free all the time, and am pretty common...

For s... and giggles, you can relive your past with the womble title clip.