Best or most profound sleeper product

As with wine, I think that price certainly does not guarantee quality. Oddly, many people in this hobby refer to their equipment by its' price in the same manner that people will refer to " a hundred dollar bottle of wine." I have had many wines that were less that $20 that were pure joy. I think that the same must be true in this hobby. An example: used Pioneer PD-65, $300 for a good transport or Conrad J pv-10. For the benefit of other newbies (like myself), please list the 'sleepers' that you have found. Cheers
Martin
truthrider
I am using the Panny 45 mated with a Panasonic DVD F-65 to test. Someone posted that it beat their Rotel setup and that is a stretch. So it is about the best value you can get in audio at the moment.

The Panny unit can be tweeked for better performance.Wayne of Bolder Cables shall be coming out with a modified unot soon so you will be able to further the sound performance.

Great unit!
The panasonic digital amps are certainly great values at the lower end of audio excellence. If you are after the higher end, the best value product is the CarverPro ZR1600 power amp. $10,000 performance for $840. Is it the best? Probably not: I just saw a power amp listing at $99,000, and I think that some are even more. What fun it would be to do a blind listening test comparison!