The Best Audio Dealer

My vote for the best dealer award goes to Mario,owner of TOYS FROM THE ATTIC info@tfta.com This guy helped me break into analog.I made alot of mistakes because "Dave,you don't listen" Any way Mario was always to the rescue.He,over the phone has helped me build an awesome sounding stereo.He has always given me the Best price and I know he hasnt made much money from me.He calls me on occasion to see "whats up" I have never met the man or been to his shop because its over 300 miles away
david99
In Philadelphia, and within this region, the best is John Adams, of Community Audio. He is the owner, and doesn't have more than 1 or 2 people with him. He carries brands that are not found in the other area stores. He is great with discounts, auditions, home trials. You can tell he is there for love, not money. He does not get rich from this, but does have MANY friends who really admire him. He's not only a great audio dealer, but a great guy.
I met John of Audio Connection several years back at a Stereophile show in Miami. He seemed very knowlegable, congenial and friendly. We spent some time together going to different exhibits. I got his card since I was in the market for (whatever it was at the time, its always something, right?). I subsequently gave him a call. I live in Florida but not close to a good Hi-end dealer. He never called back. Called again, he never called back. Forgot about John until this past March when I was looking for cables, Harmonic Technology Truthlink. Audio Connection was listed as a dealer. I called Audio Connection first and finally reached John. Explanined that I was interested in the HT cables. He asked me what type of speakers and gear I was using. When I explained to him my system he became quite rude (with specific reference to the speakers), that it really didn't make any difference what cables I used with those speakers it wasn't going to eliminate the peaks in the upper midrange and all the other intrinsic problems from tonal anomalities to build quality. Also that these speakers didn't compare with the Vandersteen 2ce's (a competitor in price) and if I really wanted to make an improvement etc. etc. etc. you get the picture. Now I don't have a personal ax to grind with John. The reason I called him in the 1st place was BECAUSE he seemed congenial, knowlegable and I liked him. Bottom line is he was either so honest with his unsolicited opinion concerning my speakers or he was just being rude. I took it to be the latter as at the end of our phone conversation he ended it rather abruptly. For that experience and the 2 unreturned phone calls (he isn't the only one on that count) I will never do business with John of Audio Connection, he lost out on a lot of potential business from me, not too smart. Audio dealers beware, if you are having a bad day don't take it out on a prospective customer, don't insult the system of a prospective customer, don't bad mouth a manufacturer or a competitor. Present you product for its merits, it is unnecessary to do negative comparisons. Let me make up my OWN mind, thank you. I will NEVER do business with anyone who does any of the above. Why should I, there are too many dealers that won't because it's smart business not to.
In the Toronto area,Alternative Audio Mike Oddie,High-End Audio Arthur Salvatore,Alternative for new,High-End for used gear.Two class acts that most so called high end dealers can take lessons from.
ABSOLUTELY HAS GOT TO BE QUINTESSENCE AUDIO IN MORTON GROVE ILLINOIS. The salesman's name is Mick and he's always thinking in terms of what is best for your system.
Post removed