Cryo-treating CDs?

I have heard that people who cryo-treat their CDs have noticeably better sound. Does anyone have any experience with this? It sounds good.
timdeller
Most cryo vendors have a per pound charge. Here is an example:

http://www.cryopro.com/bulk.htm

If you are fortunate enough to find a vendor locally, you may be able negotiate a slightly better price if they have an almost full load going in and you are the "top up". It is not very expensive.
I tried the Cyro thing 6-10 years ago after I read about it in Stereophile. The Cyro vendor was just a walk across the parking lot from my father's hosiery mill. I tried a couple of CD's and could not hear any difference. I had a 5$500 Rotel at the time. If I had a better player maybe the subtle nuiances would have come out. I have a much better CD player now. I have the Bedini clarifier and that DOES make a differnce. I may still try Cyro again. The knife I had Cyro treated held an edge that you would not believe. I would like to hear the physics side on how a cyro CD would sound better. Mike
Has anyone compared a cryo-treated CD to one beveled with the Audio Desk Systeme and demagnetized with a Bedini or Furtech?
I guess all you guys missed my thread on this one. Call Charles at Cryogenics International in Scottsdale, AZ. Website:www.Cryogenicsinternational.com. When I have been in his shop I have noticed some well know merchandise being treated for the manufacturer, but I swore I wouldn't say who I saw. It is a confidentiality agreement thing. I did all my CDs and DVD's and the sound is so much smoother, quieter and 3 dimensional. I can't explain the process as well as his article about this on his website, but go there and check it out. Here is the tip: Get some of those plastic containers that store blank CD's and load a 100 CD's into each of those things. It will save you hundreds of dollars in weight. I can't verify Charle's price now, but when I did this 6 months ago, it was $9/lb with some price breaks at certain weights. Get your friends to do it to so there's more weight to lower the price. He will ship it back to you. He doesn't even have to take them out of the box or container to put them through the process. It is by far the best tweak I have ever tried (and reasonably priced) and I think before getting new equipment, this should be the first thing one should do. My only caution with cryogenics is be careful if you do your cabling. Ask your manufacturer if anything can be ruined. I ruined my Sonoran cabling putting it through the process. I highly recommend treating your tubes. It will make them last longer, make them sonically quieter and burn brighter. Try it and post your experience.
Hifimaniac--who treated your cables and what happened? CI is one of the best, so if it was them that did your treating, I'm sure it was done properly. I have treated (or had treated) thousands upon thousands of feet of wire and never ran into a problem. Just wondering what in the Sonoran's makeup could cause problems.

As far as CD/DVD treatment goes, to make a long complicated explanation short, cryo relieves the stresses caused by the manufacturing of the disc. Polycarbonate (and most other materials for that matter) develops stresses/voids/imperfections when molded.

Deep cryogenic treatment, done properly, by virtue of the temperatures involved (-300F to -320F) works at the atomic level. The atomic bonds weaken at these super cold temps and the molecules re-align in a more uniform structure.

The above explanation is greatly simplified, but cryo does, if done properly, work wonders on most of the items we use to pursue our love of good sound.

Regards!