custom-built tube amps

Wht are the pros and cons of having a tube amp "custom built"? I heard one that another person had, by the same "builder", and it sounded absolutely glorious. What questions should I ask?
woody
My amps, and the maker thereof, have been a complete pleasure, mostly due to the guy I worked with. Please see my ad posted today 1/28.
definitely the way to go if you know what you want and how much you want to spend,assuming thousands not hundreds.We are currently building a custom QUAD II with a separate twin choke smoothed psu, disguised to look like another QUAD II and filled inside with $10000 of audio note coupling caps and silver wire,and new output tx wound in silver total cost approx $12000 we get enough mark up on the expensive components to do the work for free! seriously though if you have an idea of what you want, shop around ask Dan Schmalle from VALVE magazine or some of the "gurus" like Arthur Loesch or Sound Practices designers & if what you want is interesting you'll get some response or even ask me.I don't do the building myself but co-ordinate it and can have custom made chassis and transformers.
definitely the way to go if you know what you want and how much you want to spend,assuming thousands not hundreds.We are currently building a custom QUAD II with a separate twin choke smoothed psu, disguised to look like another QUAD II and filled inside with $10000 of audio note coupling caps and silver wire,and new output tx wound in silver total cost approx $12000 we get enough mark up on the expensive components to do the work for free! seriously though if you have an idea of what you want, shop around ask Dan Schmalle from VALVE magazine or some of the "gurus" like Arthur Loesch or Sound Practices designers & if what you want is interesting you'll get some response or even ask me.I don't do the building myself but co-ordinate it and can have custom made chassis and transformers.
My amps built triode 845 SE desing. 10 WATTS per channel drive better sound than other. tubesamp@mbox2.singnet.com