Power Conditioner for your amplifier?

Lately, I've been toying with the idea of trying a power conditioner on my amplifier (ARC VT-100 MkII). I know there has been much written about going straight into the wall with your amp (which is what I am doing currently), but has anyone had any luck with plugging your amplifier into a conditioner? Specifically, I've been thinking of a non-limiting device, such as a PS Audio Ultimate Outlet or a UPC-200.
Has anyone had success using a power conditioner on your amplifier - yes / no? Any thoughts and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. In advance, thanks, and happy listening!
louisl
Oneobgyn, I think there would be a substantial difference among amps and the use of power conditioners. The ARC Ref 600s would likely be too much current draw for any conditioner, but my little 8 watt Reimyo would be no problem, In fact Reimyo makes a conditioner and uses it at shows on the amp.

The SoundApplication you mention is in my experience quite good even with big amps. Perhaps not as big as the ARC 600, but I used a SA with my HK Citation 7.1 amps that drove my subwoofers. It was clearly better into the SA than into the wall.

I now have 2KVA IsoClean transformer which should be able to carry the Citation, but I have sold it and no longer used subs.
My findings agree with Tbg's as far as the Isoclean products being suitable for use with amplifiers as well as front end components. The dual transformers and 80A3 line filter are rated at 3 kVA and can handle just about any but the largest amplifiers. For example, I power the Atma-Sphere MA-1s or Parasound JC-1s through the combination to very good effect. Disclaimer, I am an Isoclean dealer.

I do not typically recommend hospital grade outlets because they are often nickel plated, and there are better outlets to be found anyway.
I see no reason why the Audio Research,with associated power needs would NOT go into the outlet directly.That being said,the PS Audio UPC 200's (though not really line conditioners)seem to be a superb solution for many lower power usage amps(even though the UPC 200 does not have current limiting)which will actually clean the line(without filtering)and be an additional source of component protection.What's not to like?

Best!
Gentlemen

I respectfully disagree

Simply put, I would never have amps plugged into anything other than dedicated wall outlets
It seems that some people encourage the use of a conditioner on your power amp, while others think it's a bad idea. For those who insist on not using a conditioner and plugging directly into a dedicated outlet, have you tried using a conditioner to see if it improves sonics?
If so, what conditioner did you try and what was the outcome?
I've heard and read great things about the Running Springs Audio lineup. Anyone else out there plugging your amp into a RSA conditioner? What do you hear?