Room acoustics - yet again

I have the books and the theory of room acoustics for rectengular enclosed rooms. Any guidelines for irregular (ie partly-cathedral ceilings, multiple openings to the listening room) ? Or is it the usual measure-listen-change ? My problem is finding a reasonable starting spot and tewak from there.
ikarus
Ikarus, Thanks. I am hoping that is how it turns out. I might go ahead and try to have some things on hand to try and tame it down if needed. You know you can not go to sleep after moving into another house without the the stereo at least starting to sound right.
Yeah.. I know. I also know the feeling : 'leave the damn boxes where they are ! You can sort out pots and pans later ! Give me a hand with the speakers !' :)
I am going to build a large separate-from-my-house building just for two channel audio. I am thinking 40'x40' or larger.

Does anybody know of any plans that include recommended material for the floor, walls, ceiling and wall angles, etc?

I would like to take this plan to an architect so that he can draw up something that will 1) pass building code and 2) allow a general contractor to begin building.

If there are no known plans, does anybody have an architect that they recommend? I am in Raleigh, NC.

Thanks!
Sol322 wrote: "Nice tip, could you please advise more details about CARA."

I wrote a full description/review in the September Stereophile.