vibrapods or cones?

Trying to achieve some sonic isolation and I'm wondering whither route to go.

I'm thinking vibrapods for the sources that actually create vibrations (speakers) and cones for 'passive' devices (amps, CD players)

Any thoughts?
mmccoy
I've used Vibrapods both under smaller speakers and under audio components, and I think that they work better under components. I tried using Vibrapods under a pair of Vandersteen 3A Signatures, and it resulted in "blurred" audio quality and loss of bass and dynamics. I returned to using the cones on the bottom of the SoundAnchor stands. Under components, however, the Vibrapods seem to work well.
I just today put vibrapods under my tube amp. There's a noticeable buzzing vibration when you put your hand on the base, from the transformers, I suppose. The pods should isolate that from the rack, and perhaps isolate the amp from any feedback (sympathetic vibration?) effect the vibes have on the rack.
I'm still trying to decide whether what seems to be a little smoother sound is really smearing detail.
For certain, vibrapods under the CDP resulted in greater fine detail.
I've always used cones under speakers and turntables, a no doubt improvement.
Kitch: Before I switched to the Neuance shelf (for the tube amp), I used the Pods under a Maple cutting board with the amp resting on the board on its stock feet. This helped to clear up the sound, maybe because I use a 6922 type input tube and they can be a little touchy. I did not try them directly under the amp due to the heat (hot chassis). I don't have the material, but have wondered what a thin sheet of Sorbothane (with holes for the pins) would sound like between the bottom of the tube base(s) and the tube socket(s). Pods under the Renaud Twins (when they were on light stands) increased the bass, but I have not tried them with the new heavy Target stands (which on their own with tack increased the bass quite a bit more than the previous combo). The Pods under my cheap power conditioners and sometimes under a heavy power cord (to isolate it from the shelf if it happens to rest on it) clears up the sound as well, though it's cheaper to suspend the PC's with cotton ribbon and it sounds just as good to me.