Blue Circle BC-86 III

Just wondering for those who bought these "noise killers" what your overall impression with these units?I recently hearing a very light grunge from my power lines,barely noticeable but still bothers me.Would the Blue Circle noise pillows filter out the dirt?...
bmwhaus
I think you're findings are pretty indicative of "professional" reviews I've read, and other users such as yourself.

If one has clean power running through their home, the Noise Hounds might not have a lot of work to do and therefore won't have a dramatic effect.

Some testimonials I've read mentioned that adding a second unit furthered the benefits brought by the first unit. But then again I'm guessing that would depend on the level of clean power in your listening room.

I've noticed the same gains you've reported with my Music Ring.

Long live, Blue Circle!
Im waiting for my Hubble(porter port) recepticle to come in,its surprising that I heard a difference on my friends system when he installed a pair.He's actually waiting for my comments regarding the Blue Circle before he buys one.Like I indicated eariler some listeners wont notice any significant improvements that a BC86 III may provide,BUT on my system there was a improvement that justified this purchase so much so I might consider additional one.Any potential buyers audition it before buying,try different placements of this unit,it has a approximate coverage of about 20 feet..my unit works best when its close to the source,others I heard found improvements pluggin it in 20 feet away,I guess it depends on the selective line your system is cycled.
I too have the MR1200. However, I can hear it hum at times; when it starts the hum is not very audible, but it builds up over about 30 to 60 seconds and then fades away. Its most noticeable when I play music at night at low volume and has been somewhat annoying. I mean, why spend on a conditioner to keep the noise out of the stereo components, if its just going to show up in the conditioner, especially considering that the MR1200 has filtering built-in. I wonder if a BC86 III would eliminate the noise.

I've asked BC about this and the response was that I must live in an area where the AC is particularly dirty and/or that the hum may be a product of a major appliance like the furnace cycling on/off at this time of year. I don't recall hearing anything similar with a Monster conditioner, although my system has changed considerably since I switched to the MR1200 (I am very happy with the BC21.1 and BC22 I acquired last Fall).

Gilbert has suggested I have my BC62 power cord retro-fitted with a 'quiet device' and so far I have hesitated. Anybody have thoughts.

Max

P.S. I'm moving to a new house in a few weeks and will have a dedicated line which will be used to plug in the MR1200. This is one of the reasons I'm hesitating about a BC86 or the retro-fitted power cord, as I wonder if a dedicated line will provide stabler/cleaner power.
Max,

I think it's a good idea to wait until you make the move to the new house and you and your audio system have had time to settle in. Who knows, you may find you don't need to have the BC62 fitted with the 'quiet device'.

Good luck.
Gunbei,

Thanks for the sound advice. Better to be patient, although it won't be easy.

Max