SACD versus Vinyl LPs

I would like to how many of you out there spin vinyl (on a good or better rig) and SACD? Aside from multi channel playback, which format sounds better to you? Of the SACDs I have bought so far, I have not been overly impressed given their price compared to redbook cds. That said, new vinyl seems to be hitting the $30 per album price point these days.

Is SACD primarily popular with those that have gotten rid of their turntables? The SACDs I have boughten so far are Stevie Ray Vaughn "Texas Flood" and Mary Chapin Carpenter "Time Sex and Love". Yes, Pink Floyd and Peter Frampton are pretty good in multi channel.

R.
red2
DSOTM (or “ The White Album~ light”) is a dynamite SACD, even through 2-ch. Although the new 180gm LP reissue is a hair better as far as the realism of the instruments, the SACD is not that far behind. On some tracks, I preferred the SACD’s ambiance, where I could have sworn I was listening in surround even though there are only two speakers in my room (no, the Supreme Court need not get involved here...unless Prozac gets outlawed).

I own a modded Philips 963SA, very, very cheap in comparison with my TNT 5 / JMW 12.5 / ZYX Airy 1000. This SACD surprised me, I must admit. The classical music SACDs I had purchased up till now (about 10) had left me unconvinced about the new format.

Well, I’ll hang around a bit longer, I guess.
I have a question and would appreciate some direction. If I only bought LPs, recorded them onto excellent quality CD-Rs, would they sound as good, better or worse than a Redbook CD? What is the typical sampling rate of a computer sound card and writer? Could it exceed the 44.1 of Redbook? On a recent 6 Moons article they glowed about the EAC software and it really is great from CD to CD, but what about recording direct from LP pre-amp to computer to disc. Anybody had any luck? Thanks!
Tgrisham, I've "backed up" a few vinyls onto HHB 74min CDRs using a tube phono stage into Kurzweil converters and AudioQuest or Mogami cabling, either from the converters to an HHB CD830+ CDR/W transport or into LogicPro6 via optical in on my Mac G5 and burned in iTunes.

Either way, it sounds like a record on a CDR. That is, all the pops and clicks of the old vinyls I was playing, and all the limitations of a CDR :(
Tgrisham why settle for 16/44.1 redbook? Why not make 2CH 24/96 DADs onto writable DVDs on your computer? That should blow away any redbook CD. Just need a DVD transport (modifed or stock) and a DAC that will access 24/96. Or maybe a modified universal player instead?