Oooops Just got caught...

What do you tell your spouse when she walks into the darkened room and catches you smiling and gazing intently at the warm glow of your tube amp? Yeah, the music was on but she's not easily fooled. Well?
128x128ashra
well...better to come in and see you staring at the tubes and smiling blissfully than looking discontented...cause that could mean another upgrade around the corner...;o)
Both my wife and I love it when we get company and the guy notices my McIntosh 2102 ('The Blue') and my Audio Aero Capitole amp ('The French') in the corner of our living room, both glowing in their peaceful serenity.

They just drift on over and...stare. Then they all get "that smile".
'She just doesn't get that warm feeling from basking in the amp's glow.'

I think this is mostly a genetic male thing, like sitting around the campfire in the old west.

My wife can't stand the look of tubes. She claims they look 'tacky'. I have a tube phono preamp, preamp and cd player, but no tube glow can be seen, as they are all hidden from view inside a chassis'. Sigh.... Oh well, at least she doesn't complain about the $$$ I spend.

Hopefully, someday soon, one of my 3 boys will move out, and I can finally set up a dedicated audio room.