Fuses that matter.

I have tried six different fuses, including some that were claimed to not be directional. I have long used the IsoClean fuses as the best I have heard. No longer! I just got two 10 amp slow-blows WiFi Tuning Supreme fuses that really cost too much but do make a major difference in my sound. I still don't understand how a fuse or its direction can alter sound reproduction for the better, but they do and the Supreme is indeed! I hear more detail in the recordings giving me a more holographic image. I also hear more of the top and bottom ends. If only you could buy them for a couple of bucks each.
tbg
Geoff,

There are smart people here. Scientists and engineers. How about actually discussing some of your scientific breakthroughs in scientific terms rather than muddying the waters via logic based on non-facts?

"Onviously a lot of folks think many of my products absurd, while I do not, obviously."

You said it not me.

Do you offer stock for purchase? Opinions might change if there is money to be made.
Mapman, you said,

"There are smart people here. Scientists and engineers. How about actually discussing some of your scientific breakthroughs in scientific terms rather than muddying the waters via logic based on non-facts?

One man's - or should I say one Mapman's - non-facts are another man's facts.

But You make a valid point - why don't I discuss my scientific breakthroughs here? You might not have noticed, but over the past 8 years or so there have been quite a few discussions about my products here on Agon. Unfortunately, as you might be aware, these discussions always lead to a train wreck. Make sense? Consequently, it just doesn't make sense for me to initiate discussions of my products. There was some discussion recently, so you might search the forum.

Furthermore, many of my products are proprietary. However, I provide the operational concepts of many of my products on my web site.

Cheers, Geoff
05-12-12: Geoffkait
As a skeptic, don't you think truth would be better served by actual investigation rather that idle speculation from the comfort of your Barko Lounger? You might consider taking a tip from PT Barnum who said, folks would be better off believing in too much rather than too little.
Scientific investigation and scientific progress draw upon a combination of observation, experimentation, analysis, technical understanding, and (dare I say it) reasoned judgment and common sense, among other factors. I see no reason for audio to be any different.

Each individual will (and should) invest his or her time and money in ways that he or she judges to have the greatest likelihood of being productive. In making that judgment, individual experimentation, reports of experimentation by others, analysis, technical understanding, and common sense all have their place. The likelihood of optimal results from those investments of time and money will be maximized if all of those elements are drawn upon. The likelihood of optimal results from those investments will be minimized if there is an over-reliance on unchallenged anecdotal reports.

Concerning your reference to me "as a skeptic," I have nowhere in this thread or elsewhere ruled out the possibility that changing fuses can make a difference. I have, though, expressed skepticism about directionality. What I have said about changing fuses can be summarized as follows:

(a)The EXPLANATIONS that are offered for their purported effects do not stand up under quantitative scrutiny.

(b)I suspect that a substantial number of reports of differences, but certainly not all such reports, are due either to failure to recognize and control extraneous variables, or to effects that are system dependent and do not have broad applicability to other systems, or to misperception.

(c)I see no reason to expect that where a fuse upgrade makes a difference that the difference will always, or even usually, be for the better.

(d)I would not be surprised if an extensive comparison of a variety of inexpensive fuses would result in differences comparable to those that are commonly reported to result from changing from stock fuses to expensive fuses.

Regarding P. T. Barnum, he is often credited (perhaps incorrectly) with having made a completely different statement, that on occasion seems applicable to audio. It had something to do with birth rates. :-)

Brett (Isochronism), thank you most kindly.

Regards,
-- Al
05-12-12: Almarg
(a)The EXPLANATIONS that are offered for their purported effects do not stand up under quantitative scrutiny.
Hi Al - There's a guy over on the Polk Audio forum who claimed his measurements corroborated both that fuses measure differently and that even fuse directions measure differently. You can see his measurements here. I don't really know what to make of it. What do you think?

(b)I suspect that a substantial number of reports of differences, but certainly not all such reports, are due either to failure to recognize and control extraneous variables, or to effects that are system dependent and do not have broad applicability to other systems, or to misperception.
This happend to me, as I described in an earlier post on this thread. When I first installed the Hifi Tuning fuse in my amp, there was a noticeable jump in headroom. I thought, "Wow, these really work." When I later A/B'd the Hifi Tuning fuse with the stock fuse, I could not reproduce the effect. Therefore, my initial impression was either (a) misperception or (b) attributable to some other variable (cleaner contacts, better grip on the fuse, etc.).

(c)I see no reason to expect that where a fuse upgrade makes a difference that the difference will always, or even usually, be for the better.
This also happened to me, as I mentioned earlier. After extended listening, I preferred the sound of the stock fuses to the Hifi Tuning fuses, both in my amp and my preamp.

Of course, I've since ordered fancy fuses from two other manufacturers -- Furutech and Isoclean. So maybe I'm in for a real treat! Hmm. For some reason I'm reminded of birth rates.

Bryon

P.S. For a limited time only, I'm making available a pair of Hifi Tuning fuses. I've done the courtesy of breaking them in for you. Just $300 for the pair. Don't miss out!!
Geof, my new audiophile fuse will be called "The Funky Little Fuse". The design goal will be to deliver the soul of the music. If any music that does not have soul comes into play it will blow but be replaceable for a small fee.

Hope there is no copyright infringements here! The principle by which this fuse operates is proprietary intellectual property so I cannot discuss, although it will be quite amazing I am sure.

Cheers! :-)