Ideas on building a listening room!!

I am considering adding on to my home a dedicated listening room. All dementions (width, length and height) are adjustable as I have a large area available on my lot. I would appreciate info or direction t to info from anyone who knows about this. Thanks, Ryan
128x128ejlif
go to cardas website, www.cardasaudio.com and read speaker placement. Also find all the info you can on room accoustics and build the room for specific equiptment. Wish i could do that !! Good Luck
The Stereophile website (www.stereophile.com) has an archives section with three excellent articles about choosing/designing a listening room. The most useful would be Tom Norton's Jan '95 article, "Building the Hi-Fi House". A great place to start!
The first two comments give good advice, but even better, I think, is this: get F. Alton Everest's Sound Studio Construction on a Budget and his Master Handbook of Acoustics. The latter sounds better but the former is much newer, and better on room-treatment devices. Both tell you how to analysis your room for main resonant nodes, and Master Handbook has a particular suggestion for dimensions. But don't do what I did with a dedicated room: put in a sloping wall-ceiling (cathedral ceiling). Hard to work with! If you want advice on homemade RPG-style diffusors, get in touch with me--but you'll need a table saw to make them. Good luck!
You might want to contract someone professional to help you with the designing. It is a rather large and expensive undertaking and something that paying the extra money on to make sure it is done absolutely right is well worth it.