I am thinking of buying the Avalon Osiris.

Any Advise?
hugos7
Rcprince,I'm not a society/club kind of guy,but thanks for the kind comments.

Funny that you mention Hobson,and his old loft.That is where I first heard my Ascents,and it is Hobson who sold them to me.Along with the Rowlands.Truthfully,I thought the sound he got,the night I auditioned them SUCKED.I never would have bought them,at the time(had Infinity Betas,then)except I knew Michael Gindi,who had them,and basically "swore in blood" that I'd be thrilled,in my own home.I,also knew in advance(from some friends/reviewers,who couldn't keep a secret)that the Ascents were getting very favorable responses from the folks at TAS,and there was going to be a large price increase in two weeks.So I made the move.As a funny aside,the night we went to Hobson's Manhattan loft,as we came down from his apt. we were greeted with Richard Gere,having a rather loud fight with his girl friend,in front of Hobson's house.There was a little restaurant in the front of the bldg.,where I guess they were having a "not so great dinner".My silly friend wanted to say something to him,and I stated that if he did open his mouth,he'd be taking the train home to Brooklyn!

In actuality,with the current crop of equipment I have driving my speakers,they probably go down to 30 or 35 hz,CLEAN,and with staggering dynamics,and detail retrieval.Particularly in the lowere registers,where many(not all,but most)ported designs are designed to favorably enhance the signal.This is not accuracy,but alot of folks like it.

Fortunately,as I live in the Metro area,I can hear ALL the latest stuff,as a means of comparison.I really DO like alot of it,and don't feel that the newer stuff is not also great,yet much of the hot to trot buzz products are,to me,here today and gone tomorrow flavor of the month stuff.After all I've owned and heard, if something stands out,consistently over the course of time,and is built to an heirloom standard,my best interests are served in keeping it updated,and maintaining it,to a high standard.Hey,that's just me!
Robert,

Actually, I have not yet !!!, instead I am indulging my self with Eggleston Savyos for now, and a pair of Wilson Benesch Chimera for time being...

I am pursuing it till the dealer gives me a better price,
my front end is ready for Osiris though...
I have just traded my Radians (not the HC version) in for a pair of Ascents MkII. Powered by a pair of made in the USA Fouriers 200 wpc OTL they give a somewhat laid back sound with excellent dynamics and timbre. Voices are superb. As they seem to need a long break-in period (even after 15 years)I haven`t heard all there is. To be continued.