Tell us your worst audio dealer or mfr. experience.

Please tell us the worst experience you've had with a Dealer, Manufacturer or both and what actions were needed and what the outcome was.
I'm sure there are many interesting horror stories.
Interested to hear all.
128x128dbyni
The worst audio experience I've ever had was at Stereo Exchange in NYC. Some water got tracked into the store because it was raining and I slipped and went down right on my ass. Pain like I never felt.
Sound by Singer. Carried Audio Valve, but when my amps needed repair, it took 3 phone calls just to get someone to answer my question about repair. Let's just say they were not interested in assisting me in any way. I had to find repair work on my own. I was willing to pay whatever price it took to fix these, so price was not an issue.

They just refused to stand behind the product and were unbelievably arrogant as a bonus.

I don't want to get started on Tim Paravincini, but I needed
a replacement part and his personal behavior (not the amp) caused me to fix it and dump it because I didn't ever want anything in my system that reminded me of his incredible
behavior over a simple broken part for one of his amps.
Dave Gordon at Audio Research flat out lied to me (I was a customer). I will never forget it and I will tell everyone I know.