New Orleans high end stores?

Gonna be in New Orleans in June. Anyone here know of a high end store there where I can check out a new amp? Thx
joekapahulu
@ Acresverde, Yes!, That is the gentleman that owned the store in Metairie, Jay Valentino, man, He was really young ole chap back in the late 90s, I use to give seminaires at his store on resonance tunning, so he moved to Baton Rouge, mmm, I suppose Hurricane Katrina was enough for him, and everyone else, The store was called Audio resource, when you said the name, it hit the bell in my old head,LOL!, that's the store for sure, Hey man, Thankyou, I may give him a ring soon and supprise Jay, He would fall out of his chair, nobody has heard from me in a very long time.
I have bought from Wilson Audio off and on since the 80s. Doug Wilson is a nice guy, very knowledgeable, pretty opinionated though. Likes tubes, big on Audio Research. I think he also told me he listens to Spendor BC-1’s. They are probably one of the few Oracle (turntable) dealers in the country. They also carry System Audio speakers, another lesser known brand. Plus lots of other brands.

Wilson Audio started in 1974. They recently had their 40th anniversary. Their current store in Metairie is nice, it used to be the Audio Resource store.

I know Jay Valentino, a friend of a friend. I heard that he and his partner closed the store in Baton Rouge. I think that Alterman Audio closed their store in Metairie a couple of years ago. Wilson Audio may be the only true specialty audio retailer left in Louisiana.
Well, looking at what at what wilson audio has to offer, I suppose I will have to go to Atlanta,Ga from Mobile,Al, In the 90s, Jay Valentino offered some choices I enjoyed, to bad for Jay, here on the gulf coast, they all believe $300.00 8ft speaker cables is great on something like Rotel, Really, anyway, I hate to hear that jay closed the doors of his store, never got to go to the one in BatonRouge, just the one in Metairie,LA cheers.
All-

I recently read about Jay Valentino closing shop (no pun) in Baton Rogue LA. Can any of you guys in the New Orleans/ Baton Rouge area confirm.

If this is true, it would be ashame.
I feel that he had a better operation in the old location, Metairie. Keep me posted.
Post removed