Looking for All-a-round speaker $3k range

Any sugg on what type of speaker is best suitable for all a round listening, including bands such as U2, Pink-F, Dave Mathews, The Red Hot Chile Peppers, Barry White, Hip-hop, old Disco etc.. There are so many brands yet very limted dealers in the Miami area.

Thank for the help.

Adolfo
adolfo
I love my own speakers on all kinds of music, rock included. Depending on the size of your room a used pair of JMlabs Micro-Utopias, or even Mini-Utopias if you can find them would be great. I have the micros in a fairly small room and don't feel the need for a sub, in a larger room I might. With the Mini though, no way. That's a little speaker with a huge sound. And I gaurantee both of these would be considerably more transparent than anything listed above with the possible exception of Merlins. Lastly they are very easy to drive, I'm using about 20 tube watts. Whatever you choose just remember to have fun with the process, take your time, and listen to as much as possible.
Gotta know what system will be in front of them, that will dictate mostly what speakers you will want to look for.
Hey Y'all,

I agree with Swampwalker, Von Schweikert Audio is a very good choice for your preference in music. Over the last two years, I've become a big Von Schweikert fan. I've heard all the new models from the VR-2 to the VR-11. There is not a weak sounding speaker in the entire line. I currently have the original VR-4s as my main fronts, the VR-2s as my rears and a LCR-15 for my center. I listen to basically the same music as you do and I'm absolutely giddy with the performance of my system. I recommend you get a listen to what Von Schweikert Audio has to offer, you will not be disappointed.........John
look into the tyler acoustic speakers. they are factory direct. you can call them and ask to speak to ty lashbrook. i have two pairs of their speakers and they are at least to my ears the finest speaker i have had. by the way you are not paying the HUGE markup costs of a non factory direct speaker as well. at the 2005 T.H.E. SHOW, robert e. greene from the absolute sound rated the speakers and company as one of the best at show. if you can, try get the diapollito design speakers. the design works great in most rooms. all you need is to match the size of your room with the right speakers.

bill