Lowther in bass reflex or Cain Abby

After looking at many of the speakers suggested in response to my previous post regarding suitable speakers for a low powered tube amp (Sophia baby 10wpc) and late night-low volume listening, I am still leaning toward the high efficiency full range driver camp.

I’m most interested in the Cain and Cain Abby and the bass reflex 1.3 model speakers from commomsenseaudio.com loaded with one of the Lowther drivers. The Cain speakers seem to be a well known and well regarded system. Does anyone have experience with the Lowther systems from common sense audio?

Price wise these are about the same, the lowest end Lowther being slightly less expensive, but it is close enough in price for that not to be a real consideration.

Anyone care to share some feeling/experience/biases regarding either of these tow (particularly the Lowthers)?

Thanks again!
kunja
Darkmoebius,Thanks for such a comprehensive reply.Nice to respond to somebody with such great taste in music.
I have not heard the non wizzer Fostex.I should give them a try.Also I have not tried the FE 166 because of its very limited bass but always suspected that it might sound better than the bigger Fostex speakers because it has a much flatter response.
It is always a bonus when you live close to a maker of great products like Edgar and get a chance to hear them.I am lucky enough to live near Supratek.The Supratek preamps really are something special and very much designed to get the best out of the sort of music and speakers you are into.
Mick Maloney uses Goodmans Axiom 80 based speakers[amongst several others].
Jtgofish fe166e will not sound better than larger fostex drivers only one its close to is fe206e and that would be apples to oranges.I have used all these drivers check my feedback fe166e is a ok little 6in but many better wide ranges available. if your building to a lower price point fe166e is a good start. I much perfered nagaoka design for fe166e over VP. But as always YMMV
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/8nerve/8nerve.html

Take a look at this review. It is very verbose but if you take the time it pretty well describes the function of the Eighth Nerve products. They really do work.