Which speaker to replace Dunlavy SC-V?

Hi fellow audiophiles, I have a question especially for those who are familiar with Dunlavy speakers. I have a pair of Dunlavy SC-V speakers now for a while and albeit I am quite satisfied with their sound I am also curious which speakers could be considered as good contestants if I might ever contemplate to replace the Duns. I know that would be comparing apples with pears, but this is my own list of contestants: Jamo Reference open baffle speakers, Dali Megaline (used), Acapella Campanille (used), Avant Garde Trio, Magneplanar 20.1, Magico Mini, Duevel Jupiter, Tannoy Westminster Royal, stacked Quad ESL 57's (don't laugh).

Chris
dazzdax
Upgrade the internal parts ( caps, wiring ) of the Dunlavy's and set the room up so that they properly load into it. Then play the Ayre acoustics disc for two weeks and forget about it. At this point, you'll enjoy listening to music and won't worry about what kind of gear your using. That is, if the rest of the gear & room are up to the same level as the modified Dunlavy's. Sean
>
I agree with Sean..In my experience with SC4's the resistor change I made and the coating of the enclosure walls with V-Bloc from Cascade Engineering made the most difference..The use of non ferrous mounting material and screws in and around the crossover, tweeter and midrange drivers also made for a nice improvement.I did take my pair to an extreme in cost and complexity..The changes I mentioned were the most reasonable in cost and time.. Tom
The only speakers that come to my mind to replace the big Dunlavy's might be the German Physiks and/or Huff's.
Dunlavy IVa or VI. There is no substitute. I have listened to many big speakers in last 8-9 years, and only ones I liked that can deliver the performance are the MBL 101 and Its little brother and Wilson maxx2's. Both sounds very very good but without the ultimate coherence of Dunlavy V's. I second (third) you keep the V's.
This reference type speaker is often used for monitoring/mastering; IMHO, stick with the Dunlavy V's (provided you like their straight forward accurate qualities).

IMHO, some reasons to change might be;
1) if you were to move and the V's were simply too big in their new location. (a pity but you really have no choice)
2) if you wanted to create a combined stereo/HT system with timbre matched speakers all around and/or needed speakers with a larger sweetspot (Dunlavy V has narrow dispersion and correspondingly small sweetspot).
3) if you wanted a speaker with similar qualities that can play louder

Absent any specific requirements for a change, another high quality large reference speaker will certainly give you a slightly different sound...but is this worth the trouble/expense and risk of making a change? (slightly different does not equate to better; some material will sound slightly worse and some material will sound slightly better, all depending on the mix/mastering of the source material).

On the other hand, large speakers that sound markedly different are most probably not as good (for you), which is again a reason to stick with your Dunlavys (recall, you have already stated that you like them).

This review (see below) suggests you already have a real gem of a speaker, which I expect you well know.

http://mixguides.com/studiomonitors/Reviews/studio-monitor-audio-899/index.html