What's the greatest bargain in SET these days?

Hi, Gang,
I response to my recent review of the Reference 3A De Capo BE speaker, someone wrote that if you really want to hear them sing, you should try them with a SET amp, or words to that effect.
That got me thinking. The De Capo's are 92 db efficient, which (correct me if I'm wrong) seems kind of borderline for low-power SET amps.
In any event, right now I'm running mine with a pair of Manley Mahi mono-blocks. They are switchable from triode (20 watts) to "ultra linear" (40 watts). I run them in triode all the time, and in my room, the volume knob almost never goes past 9 o'clock; more would just be too loud.
All that said, what do you guys think of running the De Capo's with a SET amp? And if I did, what's the best bargain in SET's these days?
Thanks!
rebbi
Rebbi,
Blogging the experience is a great idea. Most of us who followed this thread will likely read the blog with great interest. It might inspire some of us to follow your trail blazing path. Have solder iron, will travel.

Charles, I get lucky with my NFL picks on occasion.
Mikirob,
Yes, nice call on all 3 games yesterday. Green Bay vs New England this sunday, I'm going New England. Aaron Rogers has been on fire but Brady is as good and the Patriots are a better team overall. Yes I know the Packers are the home team. I hope Rebbi does a blog also.
Rebbi,
Check out Amazon for the Shuguang Black Treasure Tubes. Outstanding pricing.
Mikirob,
I see lots of Shuguang Black Treasure tubes there but no 300b's.
The whole tube rolling thing still confuses me. How do you know what will sound best without trial and error?
After an unsuccessful experiment with a Decware Torii MkIII I picked up a pair of Audio Mirror 45 SET monoblocks to pair with my De Capo's. They are based on a parallel pair of 6c33 power tubes. 45 watts per channel.

Dynamic, fast, liquid, transparent, extended/sweet highs, excellent bass, detailed. Frankly, I'm shocked at how good they are for the price.

I'm curious to see how you make out with the AN. I have seen comments regarding the DeCapo and SET's claiming success with 4 watt units but also read about people who claimed they couldn't get above 70db at the listening position without clipping with an 8 watt SET.

Best of luck with it, hope it works out for you.