Best New speaker under $5000

I went to the new York show just looking and finally found a loudspeaker better than my brothers Acoustic Zens
The Gershman Acoustic Sonogram at $3595 I bought a pair and never looked back .The Bass goes down under 30hz solidly no loudspeaker in the price range has such a sweetspot the whole center between the speakers and superb detail and imaging.I have auditioned my brothers Adagios in my system, VR-4 juniors, Thiels, these are like a Sonus faber with more detail and better bass. the Zens are very fast slightly more than the Sonograms ,but the circular tweeter is just too soft when you need a little bite , the midbass to the lower bass the Adagio is enemic compared and as uhf magazine also stated
tight articulate low bass and excellent across the board.I have been a audiophile for over 30 years .I was told there are 3 reviews in the process including T.A.S Robert Harley ,I can honestly say I finally made a Great move. I have a Edge g-8 amp, a Consonance droplet cdp, a Dodd audio DC powered valve pre amp , and
all of the little known but excellent Soundstring audio cables.I have freinds that spent 2x the $17k I spent that admitted my system is more coherent!
audiophile1958
Mrtennis "different strokes for different folks." I was very impressed. Overpriced? I do not even know what that word means anymore. It does have an importer and the cost of a cabinent, the maggie has neither.
The best I have ever heard are the Harmonic Precision Caravelles, that's why I bought them. I have owned bigger and more expensive speakers, but I'm not sure I've owned better speakers.

They are hard to find used, which doesn't seem to be an issue for you, you can get them new from the factory. For a smallish two way, they are real shockers...

O

o

I was just reading a comment about the Gershman Sonogram being in your face ,that is not very accurate compared to many other metal domed tweeters out there ,the Aurunm cantus is light on top with the ribbon I have a good freind that owns ther bigger speaker,a more laid back presentation ,for some that is good. the Sonogram has a 3-4row perspective.Please remember I compared these side by side with My brothers Acoustic zen Adagios and these loudspeakers for sure had more meat in the mid and lower bass Overall The majority liked the SOnograms better than the Adagio with the same equipment which is very well balanced.
All I can say is I recommended the Sonogram to A'gon members immediately upon my return form the show. By "in your face" I meant it's virtues were immeidately appearent when you walked in the room. The more "laid back" speakers require you to sit and listen for a while.
>They are hard to find used, which doesn't seem to be an issue for you, you can get them new from the factory. For a smallish two way, they are real shockers...<

Agree and disagree. Yes they are hard to find used, but there is a pair on the Gon right now. As far as new, the last news I head from Robert is that they are no longer available.

Oz