Need advise regarding small bookshelf monitor

Looking for recommendations on a small bookshelf monitor that is no wider than 8 inches and no taller than 13 inches. They will fit in an entertainment center & be used primarily for classical listening. I ran across EPOS ELS-3's while searching -- I see these are highly regarded/recommended. Any other suggestions or feedback on the EPOS' would be appreciated.
ontjesr
Oh absolutely, the new B&W 686 bookshelf is outstanding. This will fit your area. I auditioned the new 600 series a few months ago. Fantastic. State of the art for B&W bringing technologies from their 800 series down to their affordable 600 series.
I had owned the ELS-3 speaker and upgraded to the Epos M5. The speakers are on a bookshelf. One of my concerns about any speaker being placed on a bookshelf is the degree to which the bass gets muddy/boomy. I had not noticed any significant bass problem with the ELS-3, but that's most likely due to its lack of bass extension (maybe 60 hz). The M5 is significantly better than the ELS-3. The ELS-3 gets edgy/ragged in the mids/highs at times; also there is a portion of the midrange where it sounds 'boxy'----this is hard to describe. None of this exists with the M5; its frequency response is fairly flat and its bass response extends lower then the ELS-3's. I have not noticed any bass problem given my shelf placement. They produce classical music in a clear and non-fatiguing manner. Please read Reina's review in Stereophile. A used pair can be found for around $500.
I also second the recommendation of the B&W 600 series speakers, although I haven't heard them. But please be careful with respect to bass response given bookshelf placement. IMO few things are worse than a boomy/muddy bass! Good luck---try to audition in an environment similar to yours.
Post removed 
Check out the Eltax Monitor III,they have downward firing port,they are only sold in the states by AudioWaves for $299 in California they are very impressive with deep tight bass,and they are very extended on the topend.Also look into the Dana 630 from the: www.audioinsider.com for $349 a pair they are very impressive,they dont have quite the bass power but are one of the best mini monitor's you can get for under $800 bucks with a very nice real wood veneer very very accurate with nice midrange bloom and dynamics,good luck!