Which speakers will fill 5,000 cubic ft coherently

In porevious threads I've bemoaned the fact that my Kharma 3.2 FEs don't fill the room, 17 X 23 X 15 ft ceilings with a vertical enough soundstage, as though the speakers are literally too small. I have been advised to raise them,which I have done, , I have told to get taller, line arrays, even given names of custom speaker makers. Any specic recommendations from those that have had, and have conquered, this issue.
springbok10
>>3-17-08 Macrojack
My question for you is: If your room is so large, why must you squeeze your speakers into a narrow space?<<
Do you really need to know the geography of my living room? Surely it would bore you??? Take it from me, I have no more than 18". If I knew how to post a photo, I would.
>>05-21-07: Atmasphere
Anytime you are investing in tube amplifier technology, that investment will be best served by a speaker that is at least 8 ohms or more.

Tube amps, with rare exception, have reduced performance into four ohms.<<

So that makes the Defintion AFI the best choice, (30 ohm impedance) particularly since there is a 60 day in-home trial. Can anybody tell me why there are such divided camps on the Definition? I have read about the "Zu sound". Anybody expand on that?
And them, of course, I have to sell the Kharmas - not an easy job in today's economy.
To take a step back for a second, you're more likely to have success if you first match the speakers to the room and then match an amplifier to the speakers. You seem to be trying to collapse these two separate steps into one. Not that it can't be done, but it greatly limits your options. In other words, why are you so tied to your amp?

If the emphasis is on coherent sound you might also consider the larger coaxial designs from Altec (Great Plains Audio), the big classic styled Tannoys or the various Phy based speakers. They are all very efficient and like tubes.
Can anybody tell me why there are such divided camps on the Definition?
Springbok10 (Reviews | Threads | Answers)
It's no different than any other speaker or component. Some people like the sound, and other people don't.

Audition them in your home and you decide.
>>03-18-08: Onhwy61
To take a step back for a second, you're more likely to have success if you first match the speakers to the room and then match an amplifier to the speakers. You seem to be trying to collapse these two separate steps into one. Not that it can't be done, but it greatly limits your options. In other words, why are you so tied to your amp?<<

1. They weigh 250 lbs together
2. I built a special 7 ft coffin with hinges to accomodate them
3. They are the best amplifiers I ever heard
4. They are the most reliable piece of equipment I own, despite the 58 tubes
5. The task is not so impossible - to find an 8 ohm speaker is not so hard