2-way speaker with best bass

I know all the arguments about how crossovers can screw up loudspeakers, and hence the many inherent advantages of 2-ways over multi-driver designs. But there comes a point where the laws of physics can only be bent so far...

So... what IYO is the 2-way speaker that most successfully plumbs the depths, that provides the best full, but "tight and tuneful", bass, with good pitch definition, without completely messing up the higher registers?

For the moment, let's not worry about how this achievement might affect impedance and sensitivity.
128x128twoleftears
Twoleftears:

Bass extension and response depends so much on the listening room size and what's in it. Thick carpeting makes a huge difference over even thinner commercial grade carpet. Drapes and upholstered furniture helps tremendously. A first floor room on a slab (vs say a wooden floor with a basement underneath) is a more difficult environment for bass production. The same two way speaker can sound so fantastic in a smaller room with the right treatments vs even a slightly larger room without the right "bass traps" inside. Adding a 2nd powered subwoofer and bass traps are excellent suggestions.

Having said this, I would say a two way speaker with a mid-range/bass driver in the 7" to 8" diameter area vs the more popular 5" to 6" size will produce more bass ext. The Focal 807V Chorus 2-way speaker for example has a 7" mid-range/bass driver with a low frequency point of 41hz. Just a suggestion.
Usher BE-718 tiny dancer. Excellent bass qualities on this speaker. Check reviews for more details.
The original Large Advent has bass appeal I've never heard bettered. If units sold is a valid measure of most successful, these are da bomb.