Recommend Class a Amp

This past weekend I purchased some Infinity QLS-1 Speakers and the gentlemen I bought them from was powering them with a Krell KSA-250. I was impressed, how the Krell drove those speakers. Most of my amps are tube and I would like to get me a keeper used well thought of class A solid state amp. I would like to stay in the Under thew 3K price range. Look forward to your recommendations.
robmag

I've seen them S/H in the US for $5k on ebay and here.

When they first came out this is the price in the US from Stereophile

"Price: $6000/pair. Approximate number of dealers: 20. Warranty: 10 years parts, 5 years labor (US, Canada)."

Cheers George

I heard a pair Dave, driving a pair of Wilson Alexia's there were many other big esoteric amps there also worth $20k+ tubes and S/S and they couldn't come close to what the JC1's could do.

Cheers George
Hmm...well, it is a mass market (or semi-mass market) product, though true? I remember reading here that they did not use the superior Nichicon filter caps for a while.

Anyway, I have pooh-poohed Parasound here on the other boards I'm on, however I wouldn't mind putting them up to the big boys.
The JC1 sounds great, super transparent, super powerful, great value. Doesn't have the sweetness of the Pass Labs.

Trade offs basically.