Daedalus

All, there is some info here on some of Daedalus' larger models. Anybody have the DA-RMa monitor? I'm wondering if anyone has experience and any feedback on these.
Thanks
jimmy2615
Barrelcheif, Say up to $10000, but preferably less, at a discount second hand.
I have not heard all of the amps in your list. However, based on my experience, I'd suspect that you could be very pleased matching your Daedalus speaks with the Moscode power amp or the LSA integrated.

Both of these have been on my short list at one time or another.

Of course, there are other synergy factors that will play into this (front end, cables, preamp, etc.)

I have read about the nice match up of Modwright's new SS power amp with Daedalus speakers. I'd really like to hear how tube amp fans feel about this amp with Daedalus. Does the combo have the "magic" of tubes, or is it still an SS sound?

Please do keep us posted.
Barrelchief,

Sorry I missed your previous post...

I ended up with the Einstein Light In Dark amplifier purchased through Lee Island Audio. The stock amplifier is wonderful but tube rolling takes things to a different level. Currently I have Amperex NOS tubes and dying to try either Siemens CCa or Telefunkens when funds allow.

At its price, the ModWright is excellent with the Daedalus. I know another Ulysses owner who is delighted with Atmasphere M-60 amps.

This weekend, Lou upgraded my speakers with Cardas binding posts which are heartily recommended.
Well, the Da-RMa's with, upgraded PolyCaps have arrived. Unless you look at the website often, you may not realise that Lou has been experimenting with an improved Crossover for some time. I think mine are the first monitors and he maybe working on a pair of Ulysses at the moment, but I am not sure.

I can not give a comparison with the origonal version, which I heard at RMAF last October, too long to remember. All I can say is that I am very happy with them. Just so effortless and dynamic, they sound natural and as Lou says, as near to a Live performance as I have heard from my system.

I had trouble finding speakers my wife could live with, not the sound of course, just the appearance. She teaches Art now, but trained in Interior design, so she is very hard to please. However she loves them. They look wonderful in the quartersawn oak finish we chose. Because of the low total height, they are very unobtrusive too.

So the speakers are a keeper as far as I am concerned.

I live in the UK. If anyone has been interested in the speakers, as I was, then send me a private message, if you would like to hear them
David:

Glad to hear they arrived safely and that you are enjoying the DaRMA's. What amp did you decide to use with them? Keep us posted as you move through the break in period--the sound will change somewhat (for the better) after 100 hours or so. Enjoy!