Avalon Eidolon Diamond or Aerial 20T v2.

I am trying to decide between these two speakers and was hoping to get some input from anyone who has heard either of these speakers.

I realize the best thing for me to do is go and listen to them but it is tough for me to do. I have heard each speaker but wasn't at the store to listen to either of these in particluar. I heard the Aerials when demoing a subwoofer and they where the orginals not the v2. I only heard the Avalons briefly at a store being demoed for another customer about 3-4 years ago.

From what I'm hearing in talking to dealers over the phone and to a friend who has the Eidolon Vision the Avalon's give a more holographic sound (Wider and deeper soundstage)over most other speakers. The Aerial's I'm told are not as holographic and are alittle more in your face.
audiodreamer
I know what you are saying. I had Eidolons (not diamond). I looked at Indra and preferred it over my Eidolons because the crossover (see holographic thing) was just way better. That is what Avalon is doing better than most and also why the set up is so critical. Remember I said above if you don't have the room for Avalons they become common. That's why you didn't like Indra. They weren't set up correctly. The dealer is probably trying to get the diamonds moved, plus they are 2x the price. With the new model dealers are moving the diamonds which is why there have been so many for sale lately. Then I heard Isis and it was everything all in one. But I don't find that price tag too appealing.

The 20ts do a lot of things I liked about Isis. The bass slam is there. The resolution is there. The imaging is there. If you can spread them out (they like that) the soundstage is good. And for a lot less $. Of course remember that's V1. V2 is supposed to be an entirely different animal, and much better! I should probably make that upgrade to mine and quit!
I was never sold on the Indra either. But I have never liked the Ceramic tweeter at all in any speaker. I have heard the Indra 3 times and I came away wanting more weight and backbone.
Check out the implementation of the ceramic tweeters in the various Tidal Audio speakers (e.g., Amea and Contriva). They both use a 30mm version of the Accuton tweeter (Indra uses a 25mm Accuton). BTW, I have heard that the Indra does some things better than the Eidolon Diamonds.
Go listen side by side and report back...........

Audiodreamer heard both side by side so ask him.

if you want music, you should think twice about Avalon. I have not heard any ceramic midrange speakers to sound natural over the long haul. diamond tweeter or not, most critical is midrange and ceramic is just not the right material to many people's ears. what is ceramic? ceramic is essetially aluminum oxide and how often do you see aluminum used for midrange now a day? people have learned the disadvantage of aluminum midrange and stop using it long ago.

but Beryllium is a different story, I love the way Usher BE makes music in midrange.

a lot of things look good on paper, but they don't necessarily sound good in real life. I have heard Marten Design, Avalon, Lumen White, Gryphon, and Tidal extensively, all use ceramic midrange, all left me cold after half an hour.