If you could do a blind shootout...

of floorstanding speakers UP TO $3,000...what spedific speaker(s) would you want to be in the shootout?
jimaxp
If you know the brands in the blind shootout, is the shootout really blind?
Montana, VMPS, Totem, Merlin, Audio Physic, Audiokinesis, Martin Logan, JM Lab

Michael
First...I'm asking for recommendations to include in a shootout like we did for small speakers in 2007. That blind shootout was for standmounts under $1,000. THere were 11 speakers. The panel will NOT know what speakers are in the shootout. Also, please be specific with model numbers and their prices. Example: "I'd like to include the Mojosmasher RX10m for $2,795".

As we always say, no one should make a buying decision based on the results of a shootout, even though we perform full measurements on them as well. It's very true that the results will be dependant on one room and one very high resolution system. But there will be five different sets of ears and their attendant listening biases. And, of course, direct comparisons of speaker vs speaker in the same category. Like all tests or opinions, there are advantages and disadvantages. This is just one approach to help people make the most informed decisions when it comes to auditioning speakers not buying them. It has the potential to help narrow down the time needed to audition speakers. And it is also loads of fun to discuss and debate.

So please do some serious thinking about standmount speakers for $3,000 or less. If YOU were choosing the speaker candidates, what would they be?
Hell; just bring Stevie-- or for a "double blind test" also bring Ray Charles with you.
Also along with Rhljazz's savy input; make sure all the speakers have 500 hrs, at least.(My Wilsons had so so bass for about 6/8 months.)