Sold in one day

Someone listed an ARC ref-75 yesterday with the SE upgrade. Didn't last a day.
taters
I missed the reason we are talking about politicians in an audio thread. Are the past presidents of whom you speak into keeping audio prices unnecessarily high.
I learned that their Honoraria run as high as 1$,000,000.00 and not atypically $500,000.00 . What we should be demanding since they are puppets for the "man" is lower prices for really superior audio.
You know they ( the men and puppets)are keeping the secret of the absolute sound in a mountain deep underground in area 52, that's next to area 51 where the technology was stolen from.
Mechans just a small distraction to see if we know as much about the state of the union as we do audio. I feel good that many other Audiophiles are aware. Lets continue the audio discussion and proceed with the Op's original thread, Sold in one day.

I remember several years ago selling within 24 hours most everything I listed for sale. I also recall selling many items thinking that I could eventually buy them back, it turned out to be harder than originally thought.
Phd - I agree. When I sold off my first system back in 2003 during a divorce, everything sold quickly - Maggies, ARC's, Musical Fidelity, Blue Circle - everything. Granted, I was living in the Baltimore/DC area and so the population (and money) was tremendous, but this was also pre-recession and pre-digital/Netflix/iTunes/music server era.

And I remember getting asking price or close to asking price for every component. In fact, when I was moving up the line and selling off a pair of Rogue Audio M180 monoblocks, the buyer simply paid my asking price with the note "I'll take 'em...". No haggling, no low-balls.

Now, it seems things take a while to sell and the first few bids are always humorously low. By humorously, I mean 50%-65% of the asking price.
"Now, it seems things take a while to sell and the first few bids are always humorously low."
...or the the asking price is humorously high, 25% - 50% above actual value.