Rockport's or Magico's

I have heard that these two speaker lines employ some state of the art design concepts.

Has anyone had a chance to compare the new Magico M5 and Rockport Altair at Goodwins or anywhere else?

How similar are they and where do they differ?

Thanks AO
aoliviero
Dracule1 you do not state what these fantastic much cheaper and better speakers are. the media has not pushed the rockports. infact almost no reviews at all(of their highend). 2 internet reviews, one of the altair in 2007 and a more recent discuss review of the arrakis on tas web sight(that i know of). hardly a push by the media. i guess i am your "sterophool" or your "crapsolute" as you so eloquently put it. to me you are simply knocking what you can't have or in you terms "ahh wannabe"!
Koegz, there was a bit of press (admittedly, not mainstream press) on the Internet for the Rockports after Jeff Fritz selected the Rockport Technologies Arrakis for his article on "The World’s Best Audio System 2009".

http://www.ultraaudio.com/twbas/twbas_20090401.htm

There is a review of the Rockport Technologies Ankaa Loudspeakers from June 1, 2009 on Ultra Audio.

http://www.ultraaudio.com/equipment/rockport_technologies_ankaa.htm

Regards,
OK Dracule1, cough it up. You can't hang that out there and not let us in on your find. That's a foul. I'm gonna take a stab that they're something like Emerald Physics, Ridge Street Audio, Intuitive Design, or NSR Sonic Research. Am I close?
i admit i read tas but not steriophile any more. i read all the reviews that intrest me and take them for what they are, opinions. i have seen, touched, listened too and compared rockport altairs and magico M6, V3 and mini 11's, they are all exceptionally made, great sounding speakers. each with their high points and each with what they do not as well. i just prefer, for several reason, the rockport, MY OPINION. i have owned or listen to B&W(entire line), focal grande, wilson alexandra 11, mbl's and many i can't remember. i am not the final word on speakers, everyone has a diff opinion and that is fine. i may have been out of line with my responce to Dracule 1, if so please except my apology. i just feel that anyone who implies someone is a fool for liking somthing you do not regardless of cost is out of line. metralla; i am aware of those articles that is what i was referring to.
koegz, I was not implying you are a fool because you read stereophile or tas. Just that those mags are highly over rated and don't have necessarily have your best interest in mind when they 20 different speakers as best of the best. I used to read those mags religiously 20 years ago. No apology needed.

Soix, looks like you have been reading up on my posts. Yes I have chosen to go with the Ridge Street Audio Sason. The improved version floats my boat like no other speaker in my last three years of auditioning for a reference speaker. I selected to get the Dueland CAST caps and resistors for the cross over. Cost is close to $13k with the upgrades but still peanuts compared to these speakers approaching $100k. I didn't want to sound like I was schilling these speakers. I have no financial ties to RSA.