Metrum Pavane NOS DAC

Been listening to it for a few days now. This is a most beautiful sounding DAC. I'll give it a few more weeks before declaring it an astonishingly beautiful sounding DAC.

I wish I discovered it earlier, as it would have saved me a lot of money churning through equipment.
coli
People have compared TOTALdac usb to everything everyone seems to pick the Totaldac. I wonder how their aes/ebu is? I have aerial 20t's i am hoping if i get the Pavane the bass will be really good as well. There is one guy that has the Pavane and a Totaldac d-1Dual and claims he likes the Pavane better to listen too a little richer in sound.

Coli hi, the Metrum Pavane has old school R2R Ladder Multibit dacs, to my ear I believe R2R Multibit to have it all over the current new Delta Sigma, Bitstream, ESS type d/a convertors when playing Redbook CD's. This is why they are very hard to get and expensive, about 10 x the price.

Cheers George
The Schiit Yggdrasil is also R2R using 4 $75 exotic 20 bit super precision Analog Devices DACs to give "pure 21 bits of info". My friend has one he lightly modded and he says its outrageous. You can see the mods on my website: http://www.tweakaudio.com/EVS-2/Schiit_mod.html
He is in Pocoima, CA and would love to A/B with the Pavane or other fine DAC.

Pity it uses the Analog Devices AD5791 dac as it looks like has it's own I/V stage built into it, leaving no room for I/V experimentation, and there a lot of good work being done in this area by some heavy hitters.

Cheers George