Scansonic mb serie

Does anyone listen MB serie from Scansonic ?
What about the raidho DNA ?
Does thoses speakers sound like a real raidho ?
georgelfre
I am still breaking in my MB-2.5s so it's too early to give any advice now. I didn't audition my Hegel H200 nor Maggie before I bought them; but they turned out to be very good purchases. I did my research on the Hegel and Maggie and the feedback for these 2 products were all very positive. So I took my chance and bought them. I have enjoyed the music brought by these gears so far. I did the same thing for the MB-2.5s. I bought these speakers without listening to them first. So far I feel the treble and mid of the MB-2.5s are as good as my Maggie. The width and depth of the sound stage is quite impressive. But just like I said, it's too early to tell at this moment. I'll post my updates as I get to listen more.
Jjue,

I bought several components over the years without listening to them first; however I currently own Aerial 7Ts and won't purchase other speakers without hearing them. My friend has a pair of Raidho C3.1s and I absolutely love them. I'm just curious as to how close the Scansonic speakers come to the Raidho?
Riced1 - I can't speak for the C series because I have never heard them. I have the D2's. I have heard the Scansonics several times. They each have their own 'house sound'. The tweeter in the Scansoncs is very close to Raidho D and X series. The soundstage and imaging is also very similar. But in my opinion there is a lot more clarity and separation between the instruments and vocals with Raidho because of the blacker background. I will say the same when comparing the X and D series but the X is a lot closer than the Scansonics. I personally believe the Scansonics punch way beyond their price point. Remember the Scansonic 2.5 retails for $3600 USD where the D2 retails between $44,000 and $48,000 depending on the finish. X3 retails for $29,500.
Xti16,

Thanks for the information. The C series compared to my Aerial 7Ts have more clarity and separation, of course they are in another price category. I would like to go to the next level in clarity and separation of instruments, but I want something around 15K.
Ok, it's been almost a month since I received the speakers. I have about 50 some hours on them so far. Not quite broken in yet but they sound pretty good now. These speakers sounded awful when they were new. So don't rush to sell them if they are new and sound bad. There are a few things to keep in mind: They like to be separated apart far. 9' was the advice I got from Xti16. That's a magic number and it saved me a lot of time. These speakers give a lot of bass; much more than their small and slim size. I came to realize that my room has standing waves issue after I replaced my Maggie with the MB-2.5's. So the size of room and the room acoustic treatment are things also need to be taken into consideration. Once you got everything setup right, these speakers sound great. They sound like Maggie with some good bass IMHO. The high and mid are so good that you can see the singer right in front of you when you play a good vocal recording; nothing in between the singer and you. It gave me goose bumps when I played Amanda McBroom's Live from Rainbow & Stars. They still fall a tad bit short of the overall delicacy and coherence compared to the much more expensive speakers. I found the review written by Alan Sircom is very accurate. Do yourself a favor and read that review first if you are interested in these speakers. I'll sit back and continue to enjoy the wonderful music brought by these speakers while they're still being broken in :)