Primaluna Integrated with a seperate preamp

I have a Primaluna Dialogue Premium Integrated amp . I wanted to know if anyone has used a separate preamp through the H/T input which has a unity gain circuit .
What affect would the unity gain circuit have on the preamp signal ?

Thank You .
saki70
No one buys a integrated to use with a pre amp?? You buy separate amp/pre amp if you want to use different pre amps. The Primaluna is awesome by itself, what speakers do you use?
Hi mattmiller ;
I agree , the Primaluna stuff is quite nice .
Actually some do use a preamp on their integrated . They usually start out with the integrated . Then , to improve the sound , add a preamp . Most integrateds have a dubious
gain stage at best and rarely an all out pre circuit such as a stand alone unit would have . It's usually worth the effort and cheaper then starting over .

I use Reference 3a Di Capo i's .

Happy Tunes .
This is from your owners manual:

"Stereo Home Theater Pass Thru
The PrimaLuna DiaLogue Premium Integrated Amplifier is equipped with a home theater pass thru that
allows you to enjoy your stereo source material and the 2 main channels of your separate home
theater processor.
This is a true pass-thru circuit. Most integrated amps that advertise having home theater pass thru
circuits are only “unity gain” circuits. This means the volume is set at a pre-determined level, but the
preamp section is still active and can introduce unwanted noise and coloration to the sound. The home
theater pass thru of the DiaLogue Premium Integrated Amplifier completely removes the preamp
section from the signal path. This is a “direct-line” circuit that results in a lower noise floor, and less
coloration."

So it sounds to me like you can plug another preamp into your Home Theater Bypass inputs.

I would have the preamp and Primaluna turned off when you hooked them up and the volume on both preamps set to zero. Turn them on and slowly increase the volume on your separate preamp.

If you want to hear from someone who knows for sure, call Upscale Audio or another Primaluna dealer.
Ok , thank you Tomcy6 .
I missed the part about the description of the circuit being completely bypassed .
Very helpful response .
Happy Tunes .
I've done this with a CJ PV10A plugged into the HT inputs on a Prologue Premium... the CJ was a better pre section before I started swapping out Solens for VCaps in the pre section of the Prima Luna. So have at it if you have a better pre to try and don't mind loss of the remote control.