Backup battery UPS for my system...

Does anyone have any recommendations?

What are you currently using and why did you choose it?

Many thanks,

Charles
cfarlie
The double-conversion type re-create the power, but it's hard to say if it's a stepped-sine or true-sine output. The stepped-sine is going to have a boatload of harmonics on it.

I have a Best Power Ferrups FE at home that is double-conversion and isolated. True sine output. The Liebert GXT looks to be that type too. They can be loud, so be careful what you choose.

My big APC units at the lab are double conversion and stepped sine. Very small steps, but stepped.

Can anyone please update us on UPS systems?

For a normal PC and LCD monitor, how long will these devices provide power in the event of a brown out or black out?

An IT firm has recommended APC for a new computer system, but I am wondering if some manufacturers might be better than others for PC audio, or otherwise more closely aligned with audiophile sensibilities.

If they are all the same, I welcome one in an anodized aluminum case with red LEDs or something, instead of something that looks like it was on sale at Staples.

Thanks for any thoughts or ideas on uninterrupted power supplies.

Regards,
I use both the Pure Power 2000 and the Pure Power 1050. What is great about these units is that besides having a battery back-up, they also regenerate pure and clean current so that your equipment can sound its best.

Greg