What's the latest word on the Emotiva UMC-1?

I just bought the Oppo 83 blu-ray player, and now see the Emotiva website says the UMC-1 processor is in initial shipping mode. At only $700, is this processor really of great quality and a bargain compared to the likes of more expensive units from Onkyo, Integra, Marantz, Rotel, etc? I'm looking to spend under $3,000. For strictly home theater use, would you go for the UMC-1 or what other product?
rxlarry99
"James, I have no idea of what you're talking about, but if you rely on forums nonsense that's what you'll end up with."

So other owners who posted their finding on a public forum are nonsensical. Your findings however are totally sensible.

"Emotiva was 100% up front about the existing issues and the firmware update a few weeks later did the rest."

Not true and you know it.

"After owning 6 processors, the UMC-1 is the first where I was able to speak to the engineers directly who were working on the issues and knew the facts."

So you spoke with the engineers in China (Tonewinner?)

"If anyone is local to Carmel NY and would like a demo of this system using the UMC-1 I'd be happy to show it off. My system clobbers most small theaters!"

Wow, that is impressive. Are you going to buy the Emo C.I series which is supposed to clobber skywalker ranch ?

"So here's some "truth" to chew on:"

Truth is in the eye of the beholder. You want to cheerlead for emo, good for you. You do put your money where your mouth is if you own the products. As I said I find the owner to be a huckster in what he says. Throw all the heartburn inducing bbq's you want, doesn't change what you are.
>>

James, when I owned the Onkyo there were even more complaints. They were resolved for anyone who waited. MOST UMC-1 owners seem to be quite happy after the updates. So what are you so upset about? Don't buy it, but don't attack something you have no current inexperience with.

"Emotiva was 100% up front about the existing issues and the firmware update a few weeks later did the rest."

Not true and you know it."

Sorry, James. But I had three discussions on the phone with the folks at Emotiva. Read the forums and you'll learn that they actually pick up the phone.

"After owning 6 processors, the UMC-1 is the first where I was able to speak to the engineers directly who were working on the issues and knew the facts."

So you spoke with the engineers in China (Tonewinner?)

Now you're being silly.

"If anyone is local to Carmel NY and would like a demo of this system using the UMC-1 I'd be happy to show it off. My system clobbers most small theaters!"

Wow, that is impressive. Are you going to buy the Emo C.I series which is supposed to clobber skywalker ranch ?

"So here's some "truth" to chew on:"

Truth is in the eye of the beholder. You want to cheerlead for emo, good for you. You do put your money where your mouth is if you own the products. As I said I find the owner to be a huckster in what he says. Throw all the heartburn inducing bbq's you want, doesn't change what you are.>>

Truth is what IS. It's not open to interritation. Does the UMC-1 work well now? That's the original question. I gave an answer. It made you unhappy. Care to explain why? James, the truth is that one of us has a dedicated home theater room that was rebuilt to accommodate a screen over 10 feet wide, 4 subs and HD projection. The system is beautifully run by the UMC-1. I've posted pics of it. So anytime you actually want to make a valid point based on tests of the current UMC-1 vs. other brands, we'll all be waiting.

You seem to want to troll, so I agree....you've beaten the horse and can have the last word. I'm screening The African Queen on Blu-Ray this evening with my lovely wife.

Cheers and good night,

Rob
I've followed the threads on this unit on a variety of sites - as I was initially very enthusiastic about it's potential - my conclusion was that I wouldn't touch with a 40 ft. pole. The reality is that they use their customers as beta testers & charge them full price for the privilege of owning a malfunctioning buggy unit. Not a company I want to business with.
Just received the UMC 1. I absolutely love it. Features I look for, top rate sound quality & no glitches so far(crossing fingers). As of now I am loving this Emo gear.

XPA 5 & UMC 1 is a super deal!