Matching center/rear speakers for Cain & Cain Abby

I have a combo-2-channel/HT system because I don't have the space to dedicate an area for either separately. My current system is as described below. I am planning to replace my B&W front speakers with the Cain & Cain Abbys. I have no idea what center or rear speakers might match/have synergy with the Abbys. I have a feeling, which might well be wrong, that the Cain & Cain speakers aren't often used in an HT system.....

I have tried to do a search of the Home Theatre forum, but for some reason all of the results come from the Amp/Pre-amp forum - ??

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. My budget is about $2500-3000.

Holly
oakiris
Here's a couple of my opinions. If you sit between the left and right speaker then you may not need a center channel. But the more you, or other people watching, sit off center the better reason to have a center channel in line with the TV to anchor the sound from wherever anyone sits. If that's the case, it's real nice to have all 3 be the same. Louis, at Omega, would be happy to sell you 3 Grand 6's you could use for LCR. You could lay the center on its side for aesthetics. I say this because I once considered buying a single Super 3 to match the pair I already have. I think they would be about the same cost as the Abbys. Rear channels are less important, but you could ask him what would be a nice match. If 2 channels up from does it for you, then the Abbys are beautiful, but make sure you figure in a sub. Good luck.
I already have a sub - the Rocket UFW-10. Very muscial and pretty to look at, too. :-) I wish I could have a separate systems, one for music and one for HT, but I can't, so I have to compromise a bit. I am sold on the Abbys; I wish Terry Cain made center/rear speakers, too, as I know it is best to have all of your speakers matched (something I was unable to do with my current set up.) I imagine he intends his speakers to be used for 2-channel systems though.

The Omega Grand 6 speakers don't seem to be listed on the Omega site; perhaps they have already been discontinued and are therefore unavailable except in the used market - which is fine, if I can find some!

Once again I regret that I didn't go to the Rockey Mtn. Audio Fest, where I could have auditioned a great many good speakers (including Omegas) and amps, etc. Sigh.

Holly
I know of a center that matches well with the Fostex single drivers. The speakers are made by BC Acoustiques.

I have their AXE center channel now. I made a mistake while doing some measurements and blew the SEAS midrange driver.LOL

When I used the Omega 8s .I've mistakenly left the center on. It matches them so well I would have to get up and go over to the speaker to make sure it wasn't playing when I listened to music. The BC speakers use a Fostex super tweeter. This maybe the reason why it matches so well.

Good luck
Gmood1 - Do you mean their Act series center? I can't find anything about an AXE series. :-(

Holly
It's probably not made anymore.The ACT series does have the same tweeter though.