LCD or DLP?

I'm looking for a 50" TV, because it's time to go HD baby! ;-)

LCD is supposed to project a better image, but I've never been impressed with LCD monitors. A buddy just bought a 50" Samsung DLP and he says it's the schnizel. Any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks,
DB
128x128dawgbyte
The Texas Instruments presentation on the single and triple color wheel appraoch was interesting at CES--BUT-- although improved in many areas- the DLPs do not measure up. 3 LCD technology is looking good. Plasma continues to progress, but the real winner at CES was SED technology;
I have Sony GW-IV which is a LCD rear projection. SXRD is a big step up in SDE, but SSE is still there and so does DLP.

My personal favorite is plasma, it has the most natural color balance that's film like. If you don't need to go above 50", plasma is the way to go.
DB,

In addition to the SXRD sets, I would also recommend looking at the HP 1080p DLP sets. Of the currently available DLPs, they seem to get the best comments at www.avsforum.com, and each technology has its own plusses and minuses.

If you are not in a big hurry to purchase, I would read the CES reports to see what may be coming out this year before making a decision.

Thanks
Bruce
Neither LCD or DLP...with the prices of plasmas falling you can probably get a very nice HD set for well under $3000.00...you just have to look around!...good luck!
Rysa4 is SED technology out on the market?

Thanks guys!

My takeaway thus far. LCD has better picture quality than DLP, with the possible exception of Samsung's new 1 chip DLP. The Sony SXRD is outstanding. Is SXRD a DLP or LCD?

Muchos gracias amigos.