Personal speaker evolution

OK, so here is a thread I haven't ever seen here: What speakers have you owned? starting with the earliest, price paid, new/used, and perhaps the models that really impressed you (for the price) in CAPS.

Rat Shack Something or others, $120, new
Fisher Something or others, $280, new
ADS L710's, $550, new
Snell A2i's, $1100, used
BEVERIDGE SYSTEM 3'S, $1000, used
Martin Logan CLS, $1400, used
MARTIN LOGAN SL3'S, $2300, used
pmwoodward
KEF LS50 and R700. I'm now using the RP-280F.

KEF got sweeter mids and better sound stage, but my 30watt amp's not powerful enough for it... Klipsch is just so much more dynamic and interestingly, more clarity at the top end.
Through the ages:
Started with Kefs
then Gales 401a - beautiful speaker but not great sound
Lectors I think
Then SD acoustics SD1- transparency defined but the ribbon tweeters kept blowing
VR4jrs more integrated than the SD1 and great value for money but I am now searching for the next level and considering Revel Salon, ML Summit, Wilson Sophia, VR5 SE anniversary, Legacy whisper.

Any suggestions for a large room with very high ceilings would be really appreciated.I am out in the sticks and do not have dealers near me for demos.
We all really hear differently. I have friends who swear by Magico, however I have never 'got' them. I have heard them on so many occasions now, but they aren't doing anything differently than many speakers in their price range. I have found the Vandy line for me to just be musical and now by using the Ayre AX5/20, they are on a different level than I've heard them in the past (Treo's). I do want the Quatro badly though. I have liked some of the upper end Rockports, Tidal (the smaller ones), but then I go back to Vandy 7's as my dream speaker.

What are you driving the Magico's with?