Who has the oldest speakers?

When my older brother came home from the service in 1971, he had a very large Pioneer stereo system. It came with some very large floorstanding speakers. I don't see him very often, but I saw him last month and to my surprise, he still has the same system, with the same speakers and believe it or not, it sounds great. He takes really good care of the system and it is in immaculate shape. That makes those speaker about 30 years old, more or less.

How about you guys?
matchstikman
My Quad ESL 57's have 4-digit serial numbers and date from the early sixties.
My LaScala's are from 77' and are using all the original drivers and sound fantastic. Swapped out the wiring harness with DH Lab silver wiring, and the horns are coated with Dynamat. Other than that they're bone stock. Wouldn't trade them for anything else I've heard when paired with my SETs! Not bad for 26 year-old boxes! That Paul W. Klipsch sure knew what he was doing!

PS Crossover is original too, but I'll give the AlK version a shot when I get a chance sometime.
I have a pair of Rectilinear III's which I bought in 1969. These still function well although some of the surround foam on the midrange drivers is crumbling off.
Other than the frequency extremes, no one has bettered the QUAD 57s. Not even QUAD. In many ways, I wish I still had mine.
My brother still has the first speakers I bought in the mid 70s. Frasier Concertos. 10' woofer, horn mid/high, piezo super. Still works fine but they are in storage. My dad still has his original home built speakers stored away somewhere. Large reflex cabinets designed by our nieghbor to be used as end tables. WAF about 40 years ago. They use a single white 10" with "wizzer cone" made I think by Phillips. Powered by a kit built tube amp and using a turntable I have never seen before or since, they were very convincing. Unusually natural bass on everything from classical to jazz and rock including "Dark Side of the Moon" ( I remember the first time I heard it at home and how amazing it was from the very first heatbeat). As I remember they have a "free" sound you get from high efficiency speakers that made them very easy to listen to. I would like to hear them again but if they make it to my house I will have nowhere to keep them, they are pretty big.