HOW TO POSITION 2 PAIRS OF SPEAKER FOR ALTERNATE LISTENING

HOW TO POSITION 2 PAIRS OF SPEAKER FOR ALTERNATE LISTENING

Is there a way we can position 2 pairs of speakers next to, or close to each other for alternate listening (without having to move anything over and over) but not compensate the sound qualities / acoustic benefits too much?
infinity_audio
@rbstehno  +1  The effect will be a slight "smearing" of the sound of the speakers that are playing.
@rbstehno @hifiman5 Have you heard an audible impact?  It makes sense and functioning as resonators, but many showrooms have multiple sets.  I think the effect has to be slight...at least I hope so.
I have seen the mids/woofers moving a little so I just moved them out. I can’t remember if I heard a difference or not, it’s been years
The biggest problem is that you may want each pair of speakers in the same location in the room when being listened to. Better to put the unused pair in another location in the house. If the unused pair must be in the room, short the speakers by running jumpers from positive to negative terminals, and cover them with a blanket.
@stfoth  Can't respond about hearing an audible impact.  The only time I've experienced multiple speaker pairs in the same room is at a dealer's and they are not usually interested in moving other speakers out of the room to accommodate to a customer unless serious $ is at stake.