Thiel 2.3 vs 2.4

I have 3.5's and love the deep bass.
I am tempted though to go with a newer and more modern speaker.
Im seeing some good deals on the 2.3's and Im wondering how much of a difference there is between the 2.3's and 2.4's
I have heard the 2.4's at Thiel and they are an incredible speaker!
I have become a devoted Thiel fan so please no other speaker recommendations.
My main concern is losing the deep bass of the 3.5's.
I understand the 2.3's only go down to 36hz or so.
Thanks in advance!
david99
Can't argue with a post that happened 4 years ago but Cinematic Systems was a bit off-base when he partnered a Meridian amp with Thiels and then called the Thiel's foul.

And this is/was a reputable dealer? For shame.

I am tired of the Thiel bashing when folks don't use the PROPER AMP!
4 and 1/2 years have gone buy since then, but this thread is still quite interesting (I wander if Cinematic and David are still on Audiogon forum).
I've owned a pair of Thiel 2.3 for two years, and used them in three very different rooms, always powered by NuForce Ref 8.
I'm not as technically expert as many people in Audiogon, and I don't know how to measure dips and distortion. All I can say is that I partially agree with Cinematic: the Thiel 2.3 tend to be fatiguing and make you want to improve all the chain to get the best out of them... but I'm still enjoying them for what they are: such an "emotional" speaker that you can live with its 'flaws' and yet be constantly surprised by the incredibly realistic 3D reconstruction and punchy dynamic, which convey a live feeling like a few other (often more expensive) speakers do.

That said, if today I decided to replace my Thiels, I would consider something totally different, maybe something "mellower" or more "euphonic" if you like. Just for a change, or because upgrading to another Thiel model would set my expectations too high, or maybe simply because I'm getting older and I would like some more relaxed listening sessions.

But in doing so, I'd be 100% conscious I'd be trading realism for something else just to please my ageing ears.
One thing I am sure of is that a lot of magazines do look after those who put ads up, certainly in this economy. I was working in a totally different industry as brand manager for a long time and I know they sometimes support each other beyond the good ethics.
Numerous audio gear salesmen have tried to sell me $500+ power conditioner/cables but never could answer me when I asked: "What about the poorly shielded AC wires behind the socket(s)?". Do we all have silver wires up to the low voltage switchboard of your house? And what about the power line to the nearest hub in the street? So I am glad to see the Cine - though less diplomatic and probably too tough on the CS2.3's - warned us about unhealthy practices in the audio industry.
As an audio enthusiast, I am very happy about my old CS2.2s which blends beautiful sound with design, I wished more speaker manufacturers did more of that.
Well this is a pretty old thread that I have read before. I actually like hearing negative comments about speakers. I get pretty tired of hearing how great speakers are... I find most are only ok and some are down right bad.

I have never heard the 2.3 but they measure like total junk and can't possibly sound good. I do own a pair of CS2.4 and think they are outstanding with their only real flaw being they make vocals sound a touch thin and they can be a little bright in the wrong room/system.

Below are a few graphs.
I do not agree with stereophile measurement methods (to much fudge) but sometimes it is all we have.CS2.3

CS2.4

Magico V2 for reference
I personally found the 2.3 a massive improvement over the 2.2, and the 2.4 a massive improvement over the 2.3 . All Thiels need a lot of power to really shine, and clean (not harsh) source and amplification. Without adequate power they seem harsh. The 1.6 being a 2-way seemed a bit more coherent than the 2.x, but overall coherency is a strength of Thiels. Thiels are incredibly transparent - a tool of a fussy audiophile.