Denon's new Blu-Ray player

Denon is releasing a hi-end Blu-Ray player for 2000.00.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/denon-line-show-2007/denon-introduces-2000-dvd+3800bdci-blu+ray-player-281915.php
rwwear
Guys, let's understand what we are paying for here with the Denon; it's not a better picture it's the DACS. The majority of high end pre/pro makers have not come out with models that can decode the new hi-def audio thru HDMI(excluding the ridiculously priced, and sized, Denon preamp. I mean I'll spend $8,000 on a cartridge but $7,000 grand for a surround processor the size of Cuba?! Anyway, the Denon has high quality DACS in it which can send the hi-def audio to a standard pre/pro.

As for me I just but the Samsung BD-U5000 dual format player. It's great for me because I am heavily invested in both blu ray and hd-dvd. Now I don't have to switch players all of the time. The picture is amazing especially on standard def stuff.

I am sure someone is going to retort back that the picture is better on the Denon but I am telling you the price is all about the DACS!
The sound should be the most important aspect of an audio discussion forum Nrostov.
RWWEAR,

Um okay I am not sure what your point is. Right now there are not any pre/pros except the Denon that have the DACS to convert the new audio from the movies.

Another thing even without the hi def sound the standard bitstream outputed by the new players blows away SD DVD. So until Sunfire comes out with a new pre/pro that decodes the new sound then I am fine. My HD DVD and Blu Ray still sound amazing.

Now if we are going to talk redbook cd players I would never buy a Denon for that.
Rwwear, Now you know. Your redbook player is NO GOOD! Sunfire is the brand of choice for high end! Z.