Confused... Projector or Plasma???????

I am in the middle of assembling components for a dedicated home theater room. It will have 2 rows of seating. 2nd row I gather would be about 16' from the screen. Don't know whether I should be looking at a projector set up or plasma set up. I would like the screen size to be between 5' ( i have been looking at the new pioneer elite 60") and 7' in width. (5' is probably a little too small at 16' away)I would assume the projector would be the way to go for anything above 60" at the moment(cost concerns). Which set up has the best picture quality? (if you were to compare 60" screens)What's the biggest bang for the buck?
byfo
I recieved my Projector for my dedicated room yesterday, its a 720P Panasonic LCD model I got for 25% retail with a new bulb as the screen is not here yet I shined it on wall to test it out and was really surprised how good it looked.
I suppose with a screen it should only get better, with its 200O Lumens and 6000.1 contrast it even looked great with lamps on for reading as long as they were behind its beam.
Chad,

Have you considered one of the paint-on screens? Some who post at AVS claim they're a pretty cost-effective solution. I've been thinking along the lines of a Sony VPL 50 (Ruby, I think) with a 92" Stewart GreyHawk SST screen, but that's about a $5K commitment. A lower cost way to introduce myself to the real world of projection might be a better way to go. I don't want to sit in a totally dark room, but I do want the immersion I've only seen with front projection. Not really sure how viable FP is in my application.

db
db, for around $3000 and change a real high quality projector/screen can be obtain.
Optoma HD-80 ($2700 1080p) with Elite screen (white 1.0 gain or gray - $400 & up) and Gefen Home Theater Scaler for standard definition sources(around $400 street) would make a very hard package to beat.
Mrjstark,

Thanks for the advice.

I'm at a disadvantage living in Santa Barbara unless I want to drive 30 miles or so, because the only serious effort to demo front projection is by a retailer who shows only $10K+ projectors. I saw a Sony VPL-50 with Stewart GreyHawk screen in Reno, and was amazed, but there are undoubtedly other great setups I just don't know about. I do read AVS.

We actually live in Montecito, a village adjacent to SB popular with movers and shakers in the entertainment industry. In suspect there are some grand home theaters in town, I just don't know of them.
Db,
Thanks for the tip and I have a friend who used just that idea for his wall but I have a fireplace and mantle on the wall I need screen on so I had no choice but get a pull down model which arrived today, its a very budget Matte 84' unit so wish me luck!