Speaker shock absorbers

From time to time people have posted different methods for mechanically decoupling their speakers from the floor to reduce vibration. Some of these have involved using a ply system of rubber strips and wood strips, which seems reasonable to me. I have looked for suitable sized sections of rubber or even for large sheets to cut up but have been unsuccessful. To those who have used that method -where did you find the material and what thickness of rubber and wood did you use for each layer - finally how many layers did you end up using?
musicnoise
Trondf - It sounds better than spikes by cutting off resonanses of the floor (basement underneath). The question is how much better it could sound with Equaracks. My modest speakers are around 90lbs each and Equarack footers for this range are $160 each + $18 for bag of 10 rubber pellets (from their web page). Total amount for whole set is pretty much what I paid for the speakers. Vibrapods have poor stability - speakers are straight but wobble a little when pushed. If Equarcks are more stable I might invest one day in them, when I get better speakers. What I like about them is ability to adjust load by inserting different amount of pellets - Vibrapods have to be ordered in different load ranges.
Hi Kijanki,

I believe Trondf meant the SM-1 model($70 w/ 50lbs capacity ea), not the SM-2 which you mentioned @ $160ea (150lbs capacity). So, $80 (w/ $10/ pack of pellets)x 8(4/spkr) = $640.00. Still, this is not insubstantial but if you have the dough, its justifiable.

Kenobi
Kenk168 - Thank you. I read it as a weight of the speaker and not the load on each footer. $640 sounds much better.

Trondf - how stable are the speakers (how much rubber gives). Vibrapods are designed as pads of special lossy rubber without hard limit. Equaracks seems to have hard limit created by metal parts. Am I right?
On the topic of Vibrapods. You pick them based on the weight they are to carry. If you want the speakers to be stiffer and the sound tighter, you can just increase the number of pods under each speaker.

Under my monitors (four #2 vibrapods under each speaker) they are just the ticket. Richer, livelier and more musical than spikes, cones, or absorbant pads, and with nearly equal clarity. No downside at all.

Under my floorstanders (using five #4 'pods), the sound is very rich and warm, with a clear top end. Bass is looser, but I still prefer to the factory spikes due to the wonderful rich tone.

I tried four #5 vibrapods, but I lost some warmth and switched back to the #4.
Ssglx - I use 5s under front and 4s under rear. I remember from their website that it's better to use few of the low number instead of one of the higher number. I consider putting speakers back on the spikes on oversized granite slab/tile and a lot of #1 vibrapods between tile and the floor. Equaracks might provide better stability and better damping characteristic. I don't mind spending more on non-perishable items like cables or footers.