Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
Marty,

The thing to me that distinguishes the OHMs from many other designs at their particular price point per room size IS their ability to open up and shake the rafters at more realistic listening volumes with little or no fatigue (with proper amplification).

The Walsh CLS driver and all that goes with it is the key to its unique abilities in this area.

They also are competitive in terms of dynamics, detail, imaging etc. in most key aspects of good sound at lower volumes, and of course still have the distinctive, lifelike sound of an omni design, but there are many other speaker designs at various comparable price points that do detail, imaging and other things well also using a more conventional design. Rebbe's Totem Arros are a great example. They do most things except go loud and shake the rafters as well as most anything in a suitably sized room.

Most speaks that can do what the OHM Walshes do at realistic SPLs in their target room size tend to cost a lot more. That is where a lot of the unique value comes in.

Of course, most would also acknowledge that they are champs in regards to size of soundstage, which is also key for enabling the speaks to work all their other forms of magic in terms of air, imaging, dynamics, etc.

These are "muscle speaks" that also have the ability to deliver delicate lines with finesse and detail due to their unique design (the Walsh driver). That's what makes them unique and different from say Quad eletrostats or even other good dynamic designs at similar price points.
Rebbe,

One other thing regarding break-in is that with the larger drivers, even the 100 to some extent it will break in best if you are able to "crank it up" a bit from time to time to really help "loosen things up".

They will take as much clean power as you can throw at them and still be able to listen comfortably.
Did any of you guys get this email?

We are proud to announce the appointment of Audible Emotions as our distributor in Germany, Matthias Ertel, founder.

Matthias grew up with Ohm Fs and is now providing Ohm F-5000 upgrades as well as the new MicroWalsh Signature Edition (soon to be available in the USA and Canada). He will also be helping with service on Ohm Classic speakers.

If you are in Europe and read German, please check out his website www.audibleemotions.de.

Good Listening!

John Strohbeen, President

800-783-1553
John Strohbeen?

Well, welcome to Audiogon and our favorite thread!

I better be sure I get my facts right now......
Um, I think he's been following this thread for a while...

Does ANYBODY have more information on the Signature Edition? I took a look at the Audible Emotions site, and the look of them is certainly impressive. From the picture, it looks like a higher quality cabinet. But I wonder what's in them...?

-P