Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
I step away for a couple of days and come back to an explosion of new posts -- and just a post or two away from 1000...

Finally, I get to read some real-world experiences from someone who is using these in a multi-channel set-up. Bondmanp, thanks for describing your experiences in using these in a surround-sound setting. I, too, found your experience interesting in that you are not using matching speakers all around –even using a Vandersteen for the all-important center speaker, all with good effect. Unless you have an acoustically-transparent screen, it will be difficult to use three matching speakers across the front when watching movies/concerts.

So, your report of good results is very encouraging. This sense of transparency and great sound quality is very important. Many of you have previously reported that you get an apparent 3D projection of music into your space and this provides a very wide listening area. Since I typically move around a lot when I listen to music, and often need to sit off-axis, what I am reading from you all is that this “you are there” experience has tipped the scales for me. I am budgeting now for a pair, maybe the 3000s, to start. I hope by this summer I can report back on my own experiences.

I would like to thank everyone that has contributed to this thread.

...and an extra thank you to all Ohm owners.

Everyone should feel free to call me personally to discuss your needs and options.

Good Listening!

John Strohbeen
President
800-783-1553
John,
You have always been a gentleman and if this thread has helped you to sell some speakers, then I'm glad!
Hi all, got a message from Ohm that my 3000 drivers are on the way, should get here tomorrow if the snow doesn't slow things down. Thanks John! Looking forward to getting these put on the 3's and breaking them in, and then sitting down to enjoy some great Ohm magic. Will report back on how this all goes.

Bond, anymore good takes on the surround experience? You said something about placing your MWT's on some blocks to get them up off the floor, how high are the drivers in relation to your head/ears? I am really interested in how all this works for you, I will probably be making a decision in the next couple of months or so on ordering a pair of MWT's for my room and giving it a try.

Telescope, if you haven't heard the Ohm's yet, give them a try, they are wonderful speakers, and John and Co. are great to work with, they will get you what you need. It is great to have the ability to listen to them in your own home with plenty of trial-time, and quite a few budgetary options. Enjoy! Tim