Why not horns?

I've owned a lot of speakers over the years but I have never experienced anything like the midrange reproduction from my horns. With a frequency response of 300 Hz. up to 14 Khz. from a single distortionless driver, it seems like a no-brainer that everyone would want this performance. Why don't you use horns?
macrojack
Duke: Ah, yes! I remember now. Then again, your contribution has thrown into the light that we should be careful in defining exactly what "horns" we are talking about.

Your Dream Maker is only a "horn" from 1.7K up. It's not a wonder it would sound so smooth. the majority of all instrument fundamentals as well as all voices aren't coming form a "horn" at all! (if I understand the design correctly)
I would think this would be a major difference between it and something like an Avantgarde! If not, please do explain. I am curious!
My take on the blind test was that the listener was noticing all of the same similarities that seperate Stats and Horns from typical dynamic speakers. It doesnt surprise me one bit that he guessed the way he did.

I've seen the same thing with the (effectively) 100dB Scaena speakers being compared to Magnapans!
Until you've heard speakers designed or inspired by Earl Geddes,

I would love to hear geddes stuff, but how ? Where?

From past viewing Geddes stuff are not really horns but uses a sort of waveguide , so they would lack the same coloration associated with typical compression drivers IMO.
Dats the problem... a guess !

06-14-10: Prdprez
My take on the blind test was that the listener was noticing all of the same similarities that seperate Stats and Horns from typical dynamic speakers. It doesnt surprise me one bit that he guessed the way he did.
Duke,

Are you saying the Summas are electrostatic like in there presentation ?