Why not horns?

I've owned a lot of speakers over the years but I have never experienced anything like the midrange reproduction from my horns. With a frequency response of 300 Hz. up to 14 Khz. from a single distortionless driver, it seems like a no-brainer that everyone would want this performance. Why don't you use horns?
macrojack
Ditto to Weseixas!

I was just thinking the same thing about Duke's speakers.
Isn't more of a waveguide than a horn?

I do think this is his products !

DR Earl Geddes : http://www.ai-audio.com./productsesp.html
Pdprez, good call - I hadn't made a mental distinction between "horn system top-to-bottom" and "horn system over part of the spectrum". And your understanding of my designs is correct; you also get extra points for coming up with the right name for one of them!

I have no hands-on design experience with top-to-bottom horn systems, and would think that they'd be far more difficult to do well. I'm too chicken to even try.

Weseixas, a waveguide (as Earl uses the term) is a type of horn optimized for low coloration and well-controlled off-axis radiation characteristics. If you're willing to distinguish a Geddes-style waveguide from the rest of the horn world, then you and I are quite likely to end up on the same side here. And what fun would that be??

Cheers,

Duke
From Geddes :

The waveguide features a state of the art HOMLess Refractive Waveguide PlugTM which minimizes high order modes which cause colorations.