Why not horns?

I've owned a lot of speakers over the years but I have never experienced anything like the midrange reproduction from my horns. With a frequency response of 300 Hz. up to 14 Khz. from a single distortionless driver, it seems like a no-brainer that everyone would want this performance. Why don't you use horns?
macrojack
MJ,

So what is handled in your configuration by the JBLs versus the custom horn loaded drivers?

Are teh JBLs biampable or is the complete full range speaker in play but fed only a certain frequency range by the dbx acting as a crossover?
The JBL has a passive crossover built into the cabinet but there are connections on the back for separate driver hook up. At first I used the JBL XO and just disconnected the mid-range horn in the JBL and connected my AH300 horn instead.

Then when I got the dbx, I ran out of my preamp to the inputs of the dbx and then on to an amplifier that drives my horns and another amp that drives my woofers. Currently I have replaced the JBL woofers with a pair of RCF L15P530 woofers. The only thing from the JBLs that I still use is the box.

My crossover frequency between my woofers and my horns is 300 Hz. I use a 24 db/octave LR filter in both directions, one half meter of time delay, and a small amount of shaping. I'm sure I don't have it optimized but I'm quite happy with the sound overall. Does this explanation make sense?
Macro, I am in same corner when it comes to sound for pound (sterling/dollar). I have gotten good sound (I think so) from my horns, purchased very reasonably on here.
If I had to I would possibly try and have a go at making a DIY pair, but as I am happy with the Oris's and simply over the moon with my H1's, I have no need to venture down that road.The H1's are my perfect speaker and I could not be happier and would never sell them.
If I ever venture to New York, I will for sure make Highwater Sound (jeff is a nice guy) my first port of call.
Got the hear the latest version of the Aspara Acoustics HL1 and their top of the range HLR.
I'm getting email inquiries daily about the status of Bill Woods. So I checked into the matter. Several people who have contacted Bill report that he is not taking any more horn orders for a year so as to catch up with demand.

Turns out this is true. Bill is in demand with the pros and with certain speaker manufacturers. He has taken on a huge contract and feels he has to postpone taking additional horn orders until he has the time to fill those orders properly.

Meanwhile, he will be busy with design and consulting commitments. No rest for the best.